Texas Fishing Forum

Boerne/Comfort area bank fishing spots?

Posted By: Ruark

Boerne/Comfort area bank fishing spots? - 09/27/21 02:22 AM

I live near Comfort, about 12 miles NW of Boerne, and I'm looking for new places to bank fish for cats, using BJ's or DK's. Any suggestions? I checked Medina, but it was an inaccessible mess. Canyon Lake looks pretty good, but from the online maps, it's VERY VERY heavily developed. Canyon's about as far as I would want to go, anyway, I really don't want to go that far. Any other suggestions?
For what it's worth, I have quite a bit of saltwater fishing experience and long casting in the surf and off the jetties. So getting a cat rig way out there isn't a problem. I just need decent places to go. Again, bank, no boat.

Not interested in massive cats, just enjoy fishing and catching some decent eatin' size channels.

Thanks, and keep your hook in the water!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Boerne/Comfort area bank fishing spots? - 09/27/21 02:44 AM

Canyon has several public parks that are bank fishing friendly. Also you might check out Rebecca Creek area just above Canyon Lake. The Guadalupe River in the Kerrville area has some good bank areas as does the Guadalupe River State Park between Boerne and Bulverde. thumb

Re: Boerne/Comfort area bank fishing spots? - 09/27/21 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Canyon has several public parks that are bank fishing friendly. Also you might check out Rebecca Creek area just above Canyon Lake. The Guadalupe River in the Kerrville area has some good bank areas as does the Guadalupe River State Park between Boerne and Bulverde. thumb

I was looking at the river in Kerrville on Google Maps, looks like Flat Rock Park might be a good place. Any idea how deep it is?

Will check out the state park, thanks.

Ruark
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Boerne/Comfort area bank fishing spots? - 09/27/21 07:02 PM

Boerne Lake!! If you can get a cast net, go to the boat dock and catch some perch or use a small hook/bobber set up with worms. Cut the perch and throw out for bait. My buddy fishes from the dock and catches some big cats. This one is from the dock.
[Linked Image]

Re: Boerne/Comfort area bank fishing spots? - 09/27/21 09:22 PM

That's some mongo catfish there! Boerne Lake looks good - the one time I drove through it, it seemed like there were very few places to fish, though, besides the dock, and it was packed with people. There was some shoreline, but 90% of it was bushes and trees. I need to go give it a second look, though. That was a busy weekend when it was swamped.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum