Texas Fishing Forum

Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th

Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/15/21 02:24 PM

Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together is set for Sunday, October 24th at Lake Park on Lake Lewisville.

This is a friends and family fishing event so I encourage y’all to bring a kid if you can.
There will be all levels of anglers attending from guys just starting out to guys that have been chasing cats their whole lives. We’re fishing for fun and everyone is welcome.
*Lake Park has a $10 boat launch fee with an automated gate.
*Gates open at 7am and we’ll meet up and set up next to the back boat ramp.
*We’ll do a Big Fish pot of $10 per boat so bring some cash if you want in.
*We’ll fish until 1:30-2 pm and then do a quick weigh in for the big fish pot.
*I will also have a prize for the Jr Angler that catches the biggest fish and if anyone has something they would like to donate as the prize then let me know.
*Fish Fry to start as soon as we’re done with weigh-in and cleaning.
***No fish over 5 lbs will be kept for cleaning so please abide by the only rule.
We’ll be doing all this lakeside so any help bringing whatever necessary to clean and cook fish would be greatly appreciated.
There is no electric or water so keep that in mind.
I will bring a portable cleaning table, water jugs for cleaning hands and fish, and a fish fryer.
**Need help with cleaning fish, plates and utensils, extra fish fryers, chairs, drinks, and whatever else y’all might think we need to make this thing work.
I will also bring a portable fire pit if I can get out to the ranch and pick it up in time.
I’m not good at this stuff so will definitely need help from my TFF bros to make this thing work.
Hopefully we can make this a fun event and start a new annual tradition each fall.

Let me know who plans on attending and if your able to bring stuff that is needed.
Looking forward to meeting everyone and putting a face to some of my TFF friends.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/16/21 02:19 PM

I will be there! There will be 4 from my clan. Me, Sam, Gerry and Wyatt aka my Texas Tornado.

To help Chris out, below is a list of stuff to bring. If you feel like helping out, copy the list and add what you'll be bringing. List is not 100%, if you think of anything we need add it to the bottom. Always copy the list on the bottom of the thread so it stays up to date. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

1. Fish Fryer (need at least 3) Bring your own oil Catfish Tim 1
2. Fish cleaners (many hands make light work) Catfish Tim 1
3. Water (5 gallon bottles) could probably use 10 or 12. Catfish Tim 2
4. Plates
5. Cups
6. Utensils
7. Trash Bags
8. Paper Towels
9. Fire Wood Catfish Tim 40 pounds
10. Lawn Chairs
11. Tables Catfish Tim 2
12. Fish batter
13. Side dish
14. Prep and serving dishes for the fish Catfish Tim - four 9 x 13 aluminum pans

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/16/21 04:35 PM

Thank Buddy! Hopefully we get more folks than just me and you! Lol

Originally Posted by Catfish Tim
I will be there! There will be 4 from my clan. Me, Sam, Gerry and Wyatt aka my Texas Tornado.

To help Chris out, below is a list of stuff to bring. If you feel like helping out, copy the list and add what you'll be bringing. List is not 100%, if you think of anything we need add it to the bottom. Always copy the list on the bottom of the thread so it stays up to date. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

1. Fish Fryer (need at least 3) Bring your own oil Catfish Tim 1 El Gato Azul #2
2. Fish cleaners (many hands make light work) Catfish Tim 1 Azul
3. Water (5 gallon bottles) could probably use 10 or 12. Catfish Tim 2 Azul work water jugs x2
4. Plates Naut Now
5. Cups. Naut Now
6. Utensils. Naut Now
7. Trash Bags Azul
8. Paper Towels. Naut Now
9. Fire Wood Catfish Tim 40 pounds Azul + portable fire pit
10. Lawn Chairs Bob
11. Tables Catfish Tim 2 Azul 1
12. Fish batter. Azul
13. Side dish
14. Prep and serving dishes for the fish Catfish Tim - four 9 x 13 aluminum pans Azul x 2
15. Ice Ggoytia

Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/16/21 04:45 PM

I can't commit to the tournament as of right now. From the looks of it we will be in town that weekend but life throws curve balls sometimes. I will have to let you know closer to time. I have never been on Lewisville in my whole life. HAHA. Also, I do not have a livewell on my boat, I could use a big cooler and an aerator though. If, we are able to make it then I will definitely help out of items on the list

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/16/21 04:57 PM

Come on Matt! Put it on your wife’s Calendar now so she doesn’t plan something else! You will only need the bait livewell on the boat to hold a fish most likely as Lewisville isn’t a big fish lake for the most part. It’s not like fishing Twok or Lavon where huge fish are frequent. I have a tournament livewell you can use. This event is not a tournament by any means, it’s an excuse to get together and meet good folks while catching some fish. Don’t worry about not knowing the lake either as y’all can come fish next to us like we do when I come to Twok.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/16/21 05:40 PM

Man sounds good. I will let my wife know tonight and cross my fingers. LOL.
Posted By: KEGracing

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/16/21 05:52 PM

Chris and all,

I am traveling with work that week, back home on Saturday afternoon. Planning to come, but not sure if I will bring my small boat, fish from the bank, or maybe just come and help clean fish, cook and swap stories... weather and everything else comes into play.

BUT - I plan to be there, and help and ENJOY meeting everyone!

I will add one thing to the list - hand sanitizer. I will bring plenty for everyone. Still have some from the big batches we made at the TX distillery during COVID last year for the first responders and FEMA. It is pretty good at helping to clean smell off hands after cleaning fish, etc. also.

Might also find some adult beverages to share... as long as you like TX Whiskey! LOL

I will watch the list, and fill in stuff that is missing as we get closer! Looking forward to this!

Ken

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/16/21 06:10 PM

Heck yea Ken! Thanks buddy! I knew I could count on my TFF bros to lend a helping hand! cheers Drag that boat up here and come fish next to us amigo!
Posted By: Naut Now

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/16/21 08:39 PM

Sign me up for plates, cups, utensils and paper towels.

My boat is at pier 121, so I can meet you guys at the ramp in the morning when you guys launch.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/16/21 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Naut Now
Sign me up for plates, cups, utensils and paper towels.

My boat is at pier 121, so I can meet you guys at the ramp in the morning when you guys launch.

Jimmy freakin Hendrix! My brother from another mother is in the house! I will put you down buddy! Thanks amigo! cheers

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/16/21 09:00 PM

Updated list

1. Fish Fryer (need at least 3) Bring your own oil Catfish Tim 1 El Gato Azul #2 Z
3. Water (5 gallon bottles) could probably use 10 or 12. Catfish Tim 2 Azul work water jugs x2
4. Plates Naut Now. Conrad
5. Cups. Naut Now. Conrad
6. Utensils. Naut Now. Conrad
7. Trash Bags Azul
8. Paper Towels. Naut Now. Conrad
10. Lawn Chairs Bluecat Bob. Z
11. Tables Catfish Tim 2 Azul 1
12. Fish batter. Azul
13. Side dish. Mrs. Azul vinegar cold slaw snd cookie plate
14. Prep and serving dishes for the fish Catfish Tim - four 9 x 13 aluminum pans Azul x 2
15. Ice. Bob

[/quote]

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/16/21 09:09 PM

Attendees list:

Azul and crew (Action Jaxon, Jonathan and his 2 twin boys) Mrs. Azul will attend fish Fry
Catfish Tim and clan (Sam, Gerry and Wyatt the Riot)
Ken the TX Whiskey Man
Naut Now aka Jimmy Freak’n Hendrix
Conrad R
Christopher S
Ggoytia and crew of 2
Bluecat Bob
Z+1

Come on ya’ll!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/17/21 06:08 PM

Chris,

I found "Lake Park" on the southwest corner of the lake, just off I-35. Having never been to Lewisville Lake, when you say "back boat ramp", are you talking about "boat ramp #2" on google maps?

Just want to clarify for everyone.

Thanks!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/17/21 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by KEGracing
Chris,

I found "Lake Park" on the southwest corner of the lake, just off I-35. Having never been to Lewisville Lake, when you say "back boat ramp", are you talking about "boat ramp #2" on google maps?

Just want to clarify for everyone.

Thanks!

Yes Ken…thanks for clarifying!
Lake Park Boat Ramp #2. Trotline Rd. Lewisville Tx

You must use the entrance on Sandy Beach Rd to enter Lake Park. That toll gate is the only access point to Lake Park boat ramps.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/17/21 07:42 PM

Here is a link to the location of the entrance.

Lake Park Toll Gate

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/17/21 09:30 PM

Here is where we will meet guys. There are some picnic tables and trash cans we will set up around.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[quote][/quote]

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/18/21 10:35 AM

Come on my TFF brothers (and sisters) 600 views and only about a dozen signed up and most of that is El Gato Azul and me! I know there are a lot more of you out there that I'd love to meet and shake hands with and share an adult beverage with. I hope this list gets a lot longer!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/18/21 12:52 PM

Come on my TFF brothers (and sisters) 600 views and only about a dozen signed up and most of that is El Gato Azul and me! I know there are a lot more of you out there that I'd love to meet and shake hands with and share an adult beverage with. I hope this list gets a lot longer!

I often wonder the same thing about the views on my other posts Tim. Like my shark fishing video for instance. 800 views of the post and only 260 views on the video. Even when it’s a cool video of a 9 yr old catching his personal best it’s the same, 1600 views of the post and only 230 views of the video and half of those were my Facebook friends. I wish there were more anglers who wanted to engage and make friendships but seems like that happens less snd less these days and guys just want to do their thing and be left alone. I understand that a lot of folks don’t have time or make the effort and that is one of the reasons I wanted to hold the event. To give people a chance to come out and meet other catfish anglers, put a face to some of the names, and just have a good time. I was really hoping that making it a family event would encourage a few guys to get their kids on the water and bring the TFF family a little closer.

I have another 10 that are going to let me know this week if they can get off work. I have some buddies who’s kids play club sports and tournaments are Sundays. I also have a dozen maybes but we all know maybe usually means no.

I sure thought there would be a little more interest in meeting like minded Catfishing folks too Tim but either way we’re gonna have some fun getting together and fishing with the kiddos.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/18/21 02:12 PM

You and I are blessed to be able to do this catfishing thing. I get it. Life gets in the way. Club sports, work, travel, covid, lots of reasons guys can't come. If this covid thing has taught me anything, it's that I need to spend more time with the kids and doing things we enjoy and not working myself to death.

I hope everyone who wants to attend can. But as you say, we are gonna have a great time! woot
Posted By: ggoytia

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/19/21 01:26 AM

We will make it.
2 kids and myself.
I will bring a pop up shade and if needed I have a large cooler I can get filled up with ice.

Hope I can get the boat rolling if not I'll bring my kayaks.

Curious, do you bring them small handheld radios so we can brag about a 4 foot bluegill that got away. freak
Posted By: ggoytia

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/19/21 01:27 AM

Anything else needed?
I can bring an extra propane bottle if needed.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/19/21 02:28 AM

Great Ggoytia!! Glad to have ya buddy! If your boat is on the fritz there is an areas real close to Lake Park to yak or we can piggy back your yak to we’re going to fish. I will bring our walkie-talkie for communications.
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/19/21 06:43 PM

Guys as soon as I find out about this job tomorrow I will let y'all know.... I have a pop up canopy and also bring my boat and also get bait for whoever needs some👍
Posted By: Bluecat Bob

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/19/21 07:28 PM

Thanks for setting this up.

I have a men’s retreat that same weekend that’s also at Lewisville, but I can now get away Sunday first thing so will bring my boat to join y’all and try to learn from you cool cats, and maybe even catch something!

I would like to help out and can bring some deck chairs if that helps?

What about refreshments? Happy to bring some iced sweet containers and big bottles of soft drinks and water along if that helps??
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/19/21 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by 🍀El Gato Azul🍀
Updated list

1. Fish Fryer (need at least 3) Bring your own oil Catfish Tim 1 El Gato Azul #2 Z289sec #3
4. Plates Naut Now. Conrad
5. Cups. Naut Now. Conrad
6. Utensils. Naut Now. Conrad
7. Trash Bags Azul
8. Paper Towels. Naut Now. Conrad
10. Lawn Chairs
11. Tables Catfish Tim 2 Azul 1 Z289sec 2 6ft tables
12. Fish batter. Azul
13. Side dish

[/quote]

I'm in, for party of two. My wife and I. Bringing the 3rd fish fryer too. We can bring an extra chair or two also. Don't know how many extra I have. My grandson may come with us, but I won't know for sure till a few weeks prior.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/20/21 03:17 AM

I’m really hoping you can make it Fredo! Good luck on the Job too buddy!🍀🍀

That’s great Bob! Glad you can make it! That sure was lucky your retreat was at Lewisville!

Bring it Z! That’s awesome buddy! I really appreciate all you guys willing to help out! Should make for a great time!

Looking forward to seeing everybody and hopefully both Mother Nature and the fish will cooperate for us!
Posted By: DEWAYNE BULLARD

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/22/21 09:29 PM

Wish I could make it but got too much going on in October.😥
Posted By: Candy Man

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/22/21 10:14 PM

hello everyone,
I am new to the forum and would love to meet everyone one and put faces to the catfish kings i read about.
but unfortunately my wife has a booth at the state fair and needs some help opening weekend.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/23/21 01:34 PM

Hey Candy Man you are in luck. the date is October 24, not September 24. The fair will be over by then
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/23/21 03:43 PM

Still planning on making this one. I think you already have me down from the FB post (Christopher S)

I don't mind helping out with what ever I can. Can clean fish with the best of them

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/23/21 03:55 PM

Thanks Christopher 👍 Gotcha down buddy and bring that filet knife!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/23/21 03:57 PM

Thanks Christopher 👍 Gotcha down buddy and bring that filet knife!

Will have a table, cutting boards and a small generator to run electric knives.

Never chased blues at Lewisville before, so hopefully I can find something to bring in.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/23/21 05:43 PM

Jr angler Big Fish Trophy

[Linked Image]

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/23/21 11:14 PM

This will be a really cool get together. I hope the weather is good. I am hoping we can make it. We will get getting back into town just a couple days before so I’m hoping my wife feels like doing this event

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/25/21 12:59 PM

All,
Quick Update...we are a month away!

Spreadsheet of the items we need and the names of those who volunteered to bring them. If we need to add anything or if I left anything off shoot me a comment or a PM and I'll get it added to the list. As of right now we have about 20 people attending and 5 boats fishing. Again, let me know if I missed you. Image also includes the attendee list to date...

[Linked Image]

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/25/21 05:09 PM

Thanks for the spread sheet Tim! Your awesome buddy!
Sure hope you can make it Matt!!
My boy Fredo AKA Serj5150 will be there fishing with his wife Vicky! This is gonna be a freak’n blast y’all!!!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/26/21 02:52 PM

Thanks for the spread sheet Tim! Your awesome buddy!
Sure hope you can make it Matt!!
My boy Fredo AKA Serj5150 will be there fishing with his wife Vicky! This is gonna be a freak’n blast y’all!!!

How could I leave Fredo off the list! Sorry about that brother!

[Linked Image]

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/26/21 06:18 PM

Starting to shape up nicely guys! 10 boats and 24 anglers or so. Hoping a few more can join us as well as Matt aka BlueBlazer 2400!
Posted By: skeetmaster

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/26/21 10:09 PM

Finally able to commit! I'll be there with my wife Rhonda. We'll have our friends Mark & Mary with us. They have a boat as well as we do, so we'll be ready to get after some cats. Chris, you can put us down for the extra propane bottle, a large cooler for drinks, and plenty of bags of ice. We may be able to bring a couple of sun shades as well but I'll confirm that in a few days. Can't wait to meet everyone and be able to put faces to names! Thanks for putting this together. This is gonna be a blast!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/27/21 02:46 AM

That is great Skeetmaster! Whatever y’all can bring will be greatly appreciated amigo! Looks like we should have close to 30 anglers and a dozen boats so far. Gonna be a great time and hopefully the good lord will provide us with some good weather. 🙏

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/27/21 12:24 PM

This is looking great Chris! We are gonna have a lot of fun. If the Good Lord blesses us with good weather, it will be even better!
Posted By: Ruark

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/27/21 01:29 PM

Looks like fun, but WAY out of range for me. Take some pics and post them here!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/27/21 01:44 PM

It’s gonna be a ton of fun! We’ll take lots of pics and I’m going to do 3 livestreams of the event for my YouTube channel. Will live stream our first hour of fishing, another stream of the weigh-in and awards, and a 3rd stream of the fish Fry. You can receive notifications for the live streams by subscribing to the channel and hitting the notify button shaped like a bell when you do. Here is a link to El Gato Azul TV. Hit subscribe and help us grow! We’re going to be doing a lot more live streaming and it’s about to get reel good!

🍀El Gato Azul TV🍀

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/28/21 01:54 PM

Doing my best to try to make it Chris. The problem is that we will be getting in from Washington the day before. Not sure how much energy we will have to want to get up super early and come out. I might have drink so extra coffee and just make myself get out of bed.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/28/21 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Blazer 2400
Doing my best to try to make it Chris. The problem is that we will be getting in from Washington the day before. Not sure how much energy we will have to want to get up super early and come out. I might have drink so extra coffee and just make myself get out of bed.

I completely understand buddy…Get up early and slug down that coffee Matt! Jonathan can’t make it with his 2 boys so right now it’s just me and Jax. I invited another buddy and his 9 yr old son to fish on my boat but haven’t received confirmation from them yet. You and Pax are welcome to jump on with us if you don’t feel like dragging your boat up here. Even if you do decide to bring your boat and come a little later you can call me and I will let you know where we’re fishing that morning.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/30/21 03:10 PM

It’s gonna be a ton of fun! We’ll take lots of pics and I’m going to do 3 livestreams of the event for my YouTube channel. Will live stream our first hour of fishing, another stream of the weigh-in and awards, and a 3rd stream of the fish Fry. You can receive notifications for the live streams by subscribing to the channel and hitting the notify button shaped like a bell when you do. Here is a link to El Gato Azul TV. Hit subscribe and help us grow! We’re going to be doing a lot more live streaming and it’s about to get reel good!

🍀El Gato Azul TV🍀

Great idea buddy
thumb it's looking more and more like we're going to be there for sure banana
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 09/30/21 11:12 PM

Has anyone contacted the city of Lewisville about the group at the park and the Corp with an estimate of boats?

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/01/21 12:03 AM

^ all the bass fisherman will have their shiny boats put away for winter and will be out hunting!

(Joking,,,.kinda)

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/01/21 02:20 AM

I contacted the The City of Lewisville. This is a free get-together with family and friends, not a tournament. City of Lewisville told me to come on out and that if I was having a large group that I might want to rent the pavilion for the day. I told them it would be closer to 30 or 40 and they didn’t mention anything about contacting the Corps but I will let them know tomorrow. We’re at a whopping11 boats and the working man tournament I used to fish had more than that every week. Thanks everybody for all y’all’s support! This should be a fun get-together.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/01/21 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by serj5150

🍀El Gato Azul TV🍀

Great idea buddy
thumb it's looking more and more like we're going to be there for sure banana

Fredo! You better be there. You are on my list of first people I want to shake hands with!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/01/21 01:09 PM

This is what it's all about. I cannot explain all the things that make this fishing life such a joy for me but this picture is worth 10,000 words...

[Linked Image]

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/01/21 02:33 PM

This is what it's all about. I cannot explain all the things that make this fishing life such a joy for me but this picture is worth 10,000 words...

[Linked Image]

It’s days like that Tim that adds an entirely new element to fishing. Chasing big fish is fun but fishing with those 2 wild aces is so much more and you just can’t put it into words. . Watching those two go back and forth with each other was priceless. 2 Jokesters of the highest caliber bouncing joke after joke off each other is pure greatness. It’s entertaining watching them battle a big fish but it’s even more entertainment listening to them joke around. Yes they push the limits constantly on the boat but that was one of my favorite trips in my entire lifetime. Jax asked me on the way to school this morning if we could fish with Wyatt Sunday! We’re going to have to get together again as soon as my boat gets fixed. Glad to have you as a good friend and even happier that Jax and Wyatt were instant best buddy. When we first started talking I told you that you felt like a long lost brother to me and that was pure truth! I know we will be lifelong friends and so will the 2 Texas Tornadoes! Cheers to good friends and cheers to Catfishing!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/01/21 03:41 PM

Here is the site map for Lake Park. The entrance to Lake Park is at the toll gate circled in blue. $10 entry per vehicle. The location of the cook out is group picnic area #1 circled in red. I rented this designated area a month ago and we are allowed up to 120 people for our event but we won’t have anywhere near that number. We will drop off our stuff and do a quick set up at picnic area #1 circled in red first thing when we get there. The location of Boat Ramp #2 is circled in green. After set up I will put the boat in the water and beach my boat next to the ramp and hold a quick meeting as well as a prayer before we take off to fish. I’m estimating push off at 8 am. I will “TRY” to get some bait the day before for some of those that need it but there are no guarantees on that. Anybody else who wants to help with bringing some extra bait to hand out would be greatly appreciated.

The location of Boat Ramp #2 is circled in green I want to stress to everyone that our main goals are to have fun, meet new people, and get some kids excited about Catfishing. There is no room for negativity, anger, arguing, or hate of any kind at this event so either leave that stuff at home or don’t come. This is how I run my life and this is how I run my get-together.

All fish must be brought to weigh in good healthy condition. If you don’t have a livewell capable of keeping big fish alive then please take a good video of weight, measurement of length and girth, and the release, so that we don’t harm any big fish. Also take plenty of pics of the Jr Angler holding his fish so we can post them later. It would also be really great if you could get some video of fish fighting on each boat and holding fish and I will put together an event video for everyone.

Let’s have some fun and and we’ll make this a yearly event! Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a good time! PM me if y’all have any questions and I will see y’all soon!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/03/21 12:37 AM

We have a Greek festival this weekend crying

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/03/21 11:55 AM

OPEN SEAT -

My fishing buddy just found out he has to work, so I have an open seat. I will not be in tournament mode, so expect a relaxing time where we focus on a couple areas. I will most likely drift, listen to some music and drink a couple cold ones.

PM me, if interested.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/03/21 12:29 PM

OPEN SEAT -

My fishing buddy just found out he has to work, so I have an open seat. I will not be in tournament mode, so expect a relaxing time where we focus on a couple areas. I will most likely drift, listen to some music and drink a couple cold ones.

PM me, if interested.

That’s awesome Jimmy. Someone should jump in at that. Jimmy is a high level Bluecstr guys and can catch fish on his boat as good as anyone. We fish an almost identical style of fishing and we tend to end up fishing the same areas when we’re both on the lake because we think very similar in our approach to patterning, locating and catching fish. He’s also a good dude and fun to fish with.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/03/21 12:51 PM

Come on Eddy! Greek Fest vs Catfish Fest?!? That’s a no brainer. That’s why I gave everyone 2 months notice buddy. I take it you didn’t put it down in your wife’s calendar like I recommended! Lol. Catfish fest is going to be 10x better than eating Greek food especially for Eddy!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/03/21 06:50 PM

Yah, well, we're helping out with it. That and we'd hate to show up anyone on your boat roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/04/21 03:46 AM

Maybe next year I will try and give 3 months notice Ed. ! I’m not worried about getting shown up amigo. My main goal for this trip and every trip is to have a good time and if we do good then that’s a bonus. My boat has been off the water for so long I just want to get back out there and spend some time with my son catching fish and doing what we love to do. It’s been 5 long weeks since my boat saw the lake and I’ve been dreaming side image sonar screens in my head, visions of huge takedowns with rod tips hitting the water, and imagining my son hugging fish bigger than him! Boat should finally be ready Tuesday and next weekend I will start trying to make those dreams come true!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/04/21 05:26 PM

Spoke with the Army Corps of Engineers Lewisville office and no permit required for our event. She said to make sure everyone’s boats are registered and that everyone has a fishing license. Can’t wait to see everyone there!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/04/21 11:43 PM

I'm bringing my boat, and depending on whether or not my grandson goes, may have an empty seat. Fair warning.....I'm bringing my wife, and she generally catches the biggest fish. LOL

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/05/21 03:19 AM

Bring em Z! The more the marrier! My wife is lucky as all get out too but she’s not fishing so ya’ll might just have a chance! Lol I will be leaving my catfish sniffing cow dog at home as it’s just not fair to everyone if he’s on boards.

Naut Now and I will make a bait run before the event and try and get enough bait for anyone who wants some. I should be able to have Gizzard Shad, Buffalo, and drum but no guarantees. Will also run my sunfish trap a few days before the event. The 24th is rapidly approaching!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/05/21 04:09 PM

Looking at the 2 week weather forecast and it has no big fronts hitting and no cool rain forecasts so looks like a mild October. The fish will be spread out and the big fish will be hard to come by most likely. Keeping my fingers crossed we get some cool nighttime storms roll through right before we fish to get the fish fired up and a little more predictable.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/06/21 01:08 PM

Hey Tim, could you post an updated spreadsheet for us? I'm going to join Nautnow in bringing some extra paper towels. I'm sure you can't have too many at a fish fry! I don't know if you saw my earlier post but we'll be bringing an extra propane bottle, a couple of big coolers with ice and about 4 or 5 very large industrial baking pans to put cooked fish on. Let me know if pans are really needed or not. You guys may have all that covered. I don't know if we'll be able to supply any sunshades but we'll try. Thanks man.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/07/21 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by skeetmaster
Hey Tim, could you post an updated spreadsheet for us? I'm going to join Nautnow in bringing some extra paper towels. I'm sure you can't have too many at a fish fry! I don't know if you saw my earlier post but we'll be bringing an extra propane bottle, a couple of big coolers with ice and about 4 or 5 very large industrial baking pans to put cooked fish on. Let me know if pans are really needed or not. You guys may have all that covered. I don't know if we'll be able to supply any sunshades but we'll try. Thanks man.

I will try to get the spreadsheet updated this weekend. Work is getting in the way...

annoying.
Posted By: BrandonK

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/08/21 03:13 PM

Hey guys! I hope y’all don’t mind me joining in the fun. Count me in.

I’m usually pretty quiet on the forums but enjoy all the stories and info y’all share.

Let’s see a little about me I’m in my early 30’s no kids but have an adorable yorkiepoodle that might as well be. Been a wind turbine tech for about the past 10 years, live about a mile away from eagle mountain lake on the weekends. I mostly bass fish but have been wanting to get into cat fishing. I know the basics but am wanting to learn it all! If anyone has an open spot on their boat and doesn’t mind teaching me I’d love to join ya. I really don’t even care to much about catching fish I just enjoy getting out on the water.

Let me know what you want me to bring or I can bring some cash for the event.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/08/21 03:43 PM

Naut Now, sent you a PM.

Looking forward to meeting everyone! Hoping for nice - cooler weather.

Ken

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/08/21 04:12 PM

Ken the TX Whiskey Man and Jimmy freakin Hendrix! If you 2 guys are fishing together I want to be in that boat! Lol

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/08/21 05:09 PM

Should be a great time. Still working on details on my end but I am doing my best to try to make it. I will know more closer to time.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/08/21 06:24 PM

Ken the TX Whiskey Man and Jimmy freakin Hendrix! If you 2 guys are fishing together I want to be in that boat! Lol

Yeah man. We will be there. My boat is full up with 4.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/10/21 11:59 PM

Well be using 2 way radios to communicate on the boats guys so bring your walkie talkies or marine vhf and we’ll sync em all that morning. I will have both my marine VHF as well as the general public vhf walkie talkie radios on my boat.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/11/21 01:12 PM

Guys and Gals, we are less than 2 weeks away from the inaugural El Gato Azul Catfish Get Together on Lake Lewisville. All the cool kids are going to be there. Below is the spreadsheet I've been keeping to try and keep track of what we will need and who is bringing it. Look it over and if I missed anybody, let me know. Skeetmaster, I got your stuff added to the list. Check my work and let me know if we're good. Weather is starting to line up for us guys. If the rains and cool temps come as forecast, the bite should be good. Looking forward to seeing y'all there.

[Linked Image]

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/11/21 02:48 PM

Chris,

My son and I will be fishing with Jimmy - Naut Now. Thanks Jimmy!

I will bring a couple of sides along with knife to clean fish. Also have the sanitizer and some adult beverages.

Looking forward to this!

Ken

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/12/21 04:36 PM

Jimmy is one of my favorite guys to fish with Ken. I call him my brother from another mother because we pattern fish the same, we target fish the same, our boats are similar, we run the same equipment, and we get along like steak and taters. When we’re both on the water we usually are fishing next to each other so we can shoot the breeze. When the fishing is tough or fish are hard to locate we team up and each scan different areas of the lake until one of us finds the fish and then we call the other over. Love that guy! Y’all are gonna have a great time on Jimmy’s boat.

PS Jimmy is a whiskey man and will gladly accept some of that fine TX🥃
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SwampHunter

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/13/21 02:00 AM

My 7yo son and I will try to make it , never been to Lewisville hope the winds not bad we fish out of 16ft flat bottom wind beats us up a little lol hope to see y’all there if the weather works out i will try to catch some bait the night before and can catch extra

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/13/21 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by SwampHunter
My 7yo son and I will try to make it , never been to Lewisville hope the winds not bad we fish out of 16ft flat bottom wind beats us up a little lol hope to see y’all there if the weather works out i will try to catch some bait the night before and can catch extra

Excellent! Hope to see you there...

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/13/21 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by SwampHunter

Sounds great! See ya’ll on the 24th!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/15/21 12:12 AM

Azul’s Jr Angler Big Fish Champion Whisker Seeker Rod for the Get-together.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/15/21 11:51 AM

Sweet! That will get the kids excited!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/17/21 08:22 PM

Jimmy is one of my favorite guys to fish with Ken. I call him my brother from another mother because we pattern fish the same, we target fish the same, our boats are similar, we run the same equipment, and we get along like steak and taters. When we’re both on the water we usually are fishing next to each other so we can shoot the breeze. When the fishing is tough or fish are hard to locate we team up and each scan different areas of the lake until one of us finds the fish and then we call the other over. Love that guy! Y’all are gonna have a great time on Jimmy’s boat.

PS Jimmy is a whiskey man and will gladly accept some of that fine TX🥃
[Linked Image]

I got this one, hands down. LOL

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/18/21 11:56 AM

We caught an 8” Blue on a 10/0 hook yesterday Z! This weekend is gonna be fun!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/18/21 03:44 PM

Looking forward to this weekend. Never chased Blues on Lewisville before. Anyone got any pointers for a general area for us to look at? Will be in a 18' aluminum so dont really want to go running across to the other side of the lake

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/18/21 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Fish Killer
Looking forward to this weekend. Never chased Blues on Lewisville before. Anyone got any pointers for a general area for us to look at? Will be in a 18' aluminum so dont really want to go running across to the other side of the lake

I’m gonna try and get out the day before to get some bait. I will scan around close to there and see if I can locate you some fish. There is some good ambush structure real close to Lake Park but don’t know if the fish will be there. Here are some areas I’ve caught fish in the past. The mouth of Lake Park cove where we put will often have fish and bait there FYI. [Linked Image]

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/19/21 02:49 PM

Chris that handle looks good. Is that shrink tube?

Also I hate to do this but I think we are going to bow out of this get together. We will not be getting into town until Saturday evening and I'm worried if we come out there and have a long day fishing and hanging out with new buds and that my son will be exhausted for school the next day. If something changes I will let you know, but I need Paxton to be rested for school.

Plus 4 years ago today my dad pasted away. He was my best friend and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about him. I look forward to the day that I get to see him again. This is a very tough time of the year for us, so we will probably go hang out with my mom Sunday.

Hope it turns out to be a great event for yall. Good luck everyone. Maybe I can make the next one.

I love you dad and miss you very much.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/19/21 03:28 PM

Thanks Matt! I understand completely buddy! Go take care of Mom because family is the most important thing in life. See y’all at Twok soon! And yes that is a shrink wrap from Sniper Skin Sports out of Canada. You can get em custom to say whatever you want.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/19/21 10:54 PM

Thanks for the info Chris

Planning on being there early

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/20/21 01:27 AM

Hey Chris, quick question if I may. Does the boat ramp have a dock close by for those of us launching on our own?

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/20/21 02:22 AM

There is a courtesy dock that is big enough for 3 boats at a time Bob. It’s also has a 3-4 lane boat ramp so we should all be able to get in the water pretty quick.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/20/21 02:52 AM

^ that’s awesome!

Thanks Chris, really looking forward to it. I had a good run on Lavon today, nothing big (lost one) but a few eaters, and survived 25mph winds this morning in my 16 foot boat. I ordered another wind sock as I was still running at 1mph with the one I have.
Posted By: Littlefeather

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/20/21 11:44 PM

I’ve got a sneaking suspicion this is going to be a fun gathering! I’d have enjoyed a little tag along and appreciate the invite Chris! I wish you, Jax, and all you guys a great time meeting! Stay safe out there! cheers

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/21/21 12:45 AM

My ol fishing partner Littlefeather!!! Sure wish you could have come and fished with me and Jax for this one!! For those of y’all that don’t know Curtis, he is my old fishing buddy and the other half of The High Plains Drifters! One of the nicest and most interesting guys I have ever met. We used to chase fish together on a regular basis and some of my most epic trips were with Curtis. I will never forget the time we each caught a 69 lbr and close to 30 Blues over 30 lbs in one trip. He used to guide down at the coast for fish and was a famous big game archery outfitter back in his hay day. He hand makes his own bows arrows out of wood he collects and even uses arrowheads he makes from flint and glass. I sure miss that guy and even though we haven’t fished together in close to 3 years my son still asks when we’re going fishing with uncle Littlefeather again! Curtis is moving to Costa Rica and I can’t wait to go see him down there and fish with my good buddy again. I miss you Curtis and sure wish the High Plains Drifters could ride one last time before you leave for Costa Rica!!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/21/21 01:04 AM

Truly humbled beyond words! You got a way of making a guy see how truly blessed a man can be. Thank you Brother! I raise my glass to legendary trips ahead for us! salute!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/21/21 01:31 PM

Little brother my old friend!!!.... I wish you nothing but the best down in Costa Rica!! You are and have always been a stand-up Guy and a dang good friend!!

I have not talked to you in forever and I really need to give you a call thumb

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/21/21 02:09 PM

Hey there big guy! I miss you too Fredo. It’s been a gritty uphill pull with a pebble in my shoe getting through this past couple years. I look around and see so many who seem to be paddling for life so I’m not complaining of my woes. Yep, gonna pull anchor and do some umbrella drinks and some cool-easy salty breezes awhile. Sometime when the good Lord opens a door ya just step through. Some blessings and opportunities don’t merit questioning.

Like some dude once said, “I don’t always drink but when I do it’s Tecate, on a far away Playa, during a glorious sunset, as I reflect on a life so blessed and full of friends”! That man was truly blessed!

Good to see you ol friends! Will watch Fredo, Gato and Jaxnado’s video soon. I’m jealous knowing I missed that trip! 12 dinks is a great trip when you realize just being there was good enough! God bless, tight lines, and nothing but toads till April! Y’all have fun!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/21/21 05:07 PM

Littlefeather what are of CR are you moving to? My wife and I went there a couple years ago and fell in love with that place. We spent most of our time around Quepos. We are trying to figure out a time to go back. Jungles and beaches and great fishing and wild life. I miss that place

I am jealous of you.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/21/21 08:10 PM

Quepos is sweet! It’s all a world of wonder down there! I’m not real sure right now where I’ll end up. Right now Uvita is looking really nice way down south! Not many non native faces and the world is fresh and raw. It’s kinda hard forward looking right now. After seeing so much darkness the last couple years I’m thinking of packing kinda light and drifting awhile. I’ll take a surfboard and a fishing rod. The board for me and the rod so I can smile again and teach a kid to fish. I know it sounds very Jack Kerouac but sometime chasing rainbows are just exactly the perfect medicine!

I’m gonna load into one of my old Chevy’s and try and make it to weigh-in on Sunday. I gotta see some friends!👍
[Linked Image]

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/21/21 09:14 PM

Can’t wait to see ya old buddy! cheers

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/22/21 12:10 AM

We caught an 8” Blue on a 10/0 hook yesterday Z! This weekend is gonna be fun!

I caught one down on the Brazos like that, didn't even know he was on the line. I was checking my bait, as it had been bumped a couple times. No telling how long I'd been trolling with him on the line.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/22/21 05:02 PM

I’m off work early and shifting focus to Sunday. I should get a little time on the water tomorrow to get some bait. Let me know if any of you guys need some.

I’m ready for this and can’t wait to meet some of you guys.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/22/21 05:10 PM

Going to hit Weatherford tomorrow to chase a few crappie and hopefully can get some bait for sunday. Will be my first time using Livescope to look for some bigger shad.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/22/21 05:49 PM

Good luck Fish Killer…your welcome to jump on my boat Sunday if the lake it too rough for Ya…

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/23/21 03:19 PM

I’m off work early and shifting focus to Sunday. I should get a little time on the water tomorrow to get some bait. Let me know if any of you guys need some.

I’m ready for this and can’t wait to meet some of you guys.

I got some this morning, they're on ice. But man, we lost a lot of mature shad in the freeze, around here at least. Most are this years hatch. Be nice to have some big enough to make into cut bait. May bring the bait tank, and try my luck there for some live ones.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/23/21 05:59 PM

I was able to get around 3 gallons of bait this morning and will go check my sunfish trap this evening. Bait was tough as it looks like the lake is mixing and everything was spread out. Got 3 big Buffalo, a medium sized carp, small drum, about 25 good gizzards, and a gallon of mature Threads. Not really enough big baits but y’all are welcome to em. I will filet the Buffs and Carp today.

I did not Fish today but I did grind and scan for 2.5 hours looking for them. It was hard to find a fishable pattern but I was able to find medium size groups of fish holding tight to structure. Points humps ledges. Didn’t see much on the flats. Fish were scattered at all deaths and I marked them in 1 foot out to 42 feet. Judging from what I saw today the fishing is going to be pretty tough. I will post a map of the areas I marked fish and y’all can decide where y’all want to fish. The old lake looked to hold the best fish but you’ll have to cross open water getting back to the dock so keep that in mind if your a smaller boat.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/23/21 09:20 PM

PM me whoever needs locations that I marked fish. Don’t want to post all my pins in the open forum. Only my friends get inside information and everyone who is joining us and supporting me is considered a friend…

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/24/21 12:03 AM

Guys hate to do it but we’re gonna bail out tomorrow on fishing

Took a beating today in the wind and tomorrow is gonna be worse

Be safe and good luck to everyone

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/24/21 02:05 AM

Come jump on my boat buddy! I got plenty of room! It’s built for days like tomorrow!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/24/21 02:46 AM

I was able to get around 3 gallons of bait this morning and will go check my sunfish trap this evening. Bait was tough as it looks like the lake is mixing and everything was spread out. Got 3 big Buffalo, a medium sized carp, small drum, about 25 good gizzards, and a gallon of mature Threads. Not really enough big baits but y’all are welcome to em. I will filet the Buffs and Carp today.

I did not Fish today but I did grind and scan for 2.5 hours looking for them. It was hard to find a fishable pattern but I was able to find medium size groups of fish holding tight to structure. Points humps ledges. Didn’t see much on the flats. Fish were scattered at all deaths and I marked them in 1 foot out to 42 feet. Judging from what I saw today the fishing is going to be pretty tough. I will post a map of the areas I marked fish and y’all can decide where y’all want to fish. The old lake looked to hold the best fish but you’ll have to cross open water getting back to the dock so keep that in mind if your a smaller boat.

I'd appreciate a few chunks of cut bait from the carp and buffalo, if you can spare them. See y'all in the morning.
Posted By: SwampHunter

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/24/21 03:26 AM

Was going go come but don’t think I want to fight the wind in my small boat y’all have fun

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/24/21 11:11 AM

Sorry you guys can’t make it…Looks like the wind eased up a bit today! See everyone else soon!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/24/21 02:41 PM

Well I showed up a little late and didn’t bring the boat due to the winds. Looks like all of y’all are already out on the water. If anyone has some extra room on their boat and doesn't mind picking me up. I’ll be near the boat dock in a blue fishing shirt.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/24/21 03:30 PM

Never mind the gf is having some car issues I’m gonna have to head out. Good luck and have fun guys!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/24/21 05:04 PM

Great to see so many show up given the wind forecast.

I discovered that 20mph winds blowing down the lake make for a wet ride in a 16 foot boat .

I couldn’t find any fish and even with two drift docks deployed and 4 rods dragging the bottom was still going 0.9 mph +.

I retired early as the wind seemed to be getting up further.

Still a good day!

Thanks to El Gato for putting it together.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/24/21 06:24 PM

Hope everyone said safe. Looking for ward to seeing pics and a recap of the tournament. Hopefully we can make the next one. Been a tough week on us.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/24/21 10:05 PM

The event was a huge success! Really appreciate everyone that showed up and I couldn’t have done it without yall’s help. It was great to see some of my buddies and it was really good to meet you guys that have been my friends on the forum and also make some new friends. Glad we got to meet face to face and we’ll definitely do it again. Great fun, great people, great time!

We had 16 boats today. The fishing was tough but we managed a decent box of fish. Tom caught the big fish and his new PB today on Jimmy’s boat at 25 lbs and took home the money pot. Action Jaxon won the Jr Angler big fish trophy and also won the small fish prize too!

Thanks again everybody! Had a blast and we’ll definitely do it again!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/24/21 10:40 PM

roflmao thumb

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/25/21 12:25 AM

Awesome job putting that together Chris.

Great job Tom on big fish and PB.

Jax you are the man. Great job catching big fish and small fish. I bet that small one took a while to reel in, that thing is a hoss.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/25/21 01:20 AM

Great times!! Glad everyone had fun especially the kiddos, that’s what it’s all about

Sorry we couldn’t make it but will defiantly be there soon
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/25/21 01:23 AM

coolphotos It just don't get any better! Fantastic Post! bow_down

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/25/21 01:35 AM

Thanks Chris and Jimmy, and all.

Nathan and I had a blast! Was great meeting some of you that I have been learning from the last couple of years.

Jimmy, you have a great boat set up, and I really appreciate all the education today.

Fish fry was great also! Thanks for cooking Tim and all that helped!

Let's do it again!

Ken

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/25/21 02:24 AM

Thanks fellas! Really enjoyed it!

We had a great time today Ken. Really glad we finally got a chance to hang out. I told ya Jimmy was a great guy and fun to fish with. Everyone there was really friendly and and I’m happy to call you and everyone there a friend! Fishing has a way of bringing people together from all walks of life! We’re definitely going to do this again! I really appreciate the Whiskey too buddy. Really cool of you to do that! So cool I will never open this bottle!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/25/21 09:56 AM

Well, the inaugural El Gato Azul's Catfishing Get Together is history. I'm posting Monday morning because by the time I got home yesterday I was plum tuckered out. That wind beat the fire out of us. I had three asleep in the truck before we got home. Between the wind, catching fish, cleaning fish, cooking fish and eating fish, I was whooped.

I was impressed with the show we had given the weather. 16 boats was awesome! Even with the fishing not being great, we turned lose two times the eaters we actually cleaned. God provides everything we need for this body and life. He certainly did yesterday. We all got home safe and had a good meal and a lot of good fellowship.

Thanks to Mrs. El Gato for helping herd my Texas Tornado while I was cooking, and for helping with the food too. Thanks to Fredo for helping clean those fish. I hope your first day back at work today is a great one! Thanks to everyone who came out, braved the wind and the waves to fish with friends.

Thank you Ken for the Whiskey. Very cool story the path that your career has taken leading you to that place.

Most of all thank you to Chris and Action Jaxon for becoming a very good friend to me and to Wyatt. And thank you for setting this up so we all could get together. I can't wait til next year...

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/25/21 11:38 AM

Thanks so much for organizing the event, Chris.

I couldn't believe there were so many boats waiting at the gate given the forecast. Everything from my 16 foot tracker to a shiny new 25 foot center consoles, and everyone was so friendly. Awesome group of guys on here, really glad I went.

Henry from Midlothian (sorry, don't know your screen name bud) and I, both with smaller boats, hedged our bets and headed west toward Highland Village to keep out of the wind. Henry snagged a couple of dinks but no joy for this n00b. The wind got up with big gusts, so I decided to head back to the ramp. The ride back was bumpy and wet, but actually quite fun and was fine staying off the gas.

Apologies for missing the fish fry but decided to go take my wife out for dinner instead. She appreciated it and I have many fishing trips where payback with be delivered wink
Posted By: cnthompson

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/25/21 01:24 PM

Just wanted to say my son and I had a blast. yep we didn't manage any big fish only about 6 eaters up to 6 lbs.
It was a tough day for sure. Met plenty of good people while waiting in line that morning. Really enjoyed everyone's
hospitality. Sorry we couldn't stay for the fish fry, had to head back and take care of a plumbing problem..

Best wishes to everyone, El Gato you are the MAN !!!!!!!!

Chris Thompson
Blue Skeeter CC

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/25/21 02:16 PM

Thanks Chris! Really glad y’all were able to make it and enjoyed talking to your son that morning. Really nice guy and I look forward to doing it again! Fishing was pretty tough for everyone. Lewisville can be one of the toughest Bluecat fisheries especially for big fish that is for sure but everyone seemed to really have a good time in spite of the wind and slow bite! It was great to make new friends and I hope we can keep this group together and build ourselves a nice community of friends to get together from time to time. Everyone was from different walks of life like financial planners, whiskey makers, landscapers, construction, software engineers, and everything in between! It was interesting just how similar everyone was. One of the nicest groups of people I have ever been around and I’m proud to have gotten everyone to come together to build new friendships.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/25/21 02:18 PM

Thanks for coming Bob! It was a great turnout especially considering the weather forecast! Glad you joined us and we’ll definitely try and keep this group together and do it again!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/25/21 07:34 PM

Vicky and I had a blast and loved the vibe and fellowship as well...it was great meeting all of you and cannot wait to do it again...Tim it was like a big welcome home....LOL ...from employees to truck drivers I've been hearing "Welcome back " thumb...Gato this was a great get together Sir clap

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/25/21 10:32 PM

I had a great time with a bunch of awesome folks. I enjoyed socializing and talking with each and everyone of you. Can’t wait until we do it again.

Chris, thanks for pulling this all together. Awesome event.

Tim, you absolutely worked your tail off. Thank you so very much. The fish was perfect.

Ken, it was a pleasure fishing with you and Nathan. If we can get Chris to start a tournament trail, we need to partner up.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/26/21 01:12 AM

Thanks Fredo and Jimmy! Glad to have both you guys as good friends and appreciate y’all both showing up and helping out. Thanks for cleaning fish Fredo and y’all are both right about Tim. He is a hard working Son of a Gun! From cleaning to cooking fish, he was a machine! Really couldn’t have pulled it off without all 3 of you fellas and y’all are great friends! I really owe y’all big Time.

Jimmy my brother from another mother! Thanks a million for helping me look for fish the day before the event. Really cool of you to work so hard and grind like that half the day when you could have easily just gone fishing. We must have graphed for 2.5-3 hrs and spent 2 hrs looking for and getting bait! Putting in work! It was a beating and I am still sore but we got it done! Your always game to team up with me whenever we are both on the lake and split up the lake to scan for big fish. We divide and conquer and I love that! I don’t know too many guys who are willing or like to do that quite like you and I. I have really enjoyed working together to catch fish these past 3 yrs. Im glad you were able to put Tom on his new PB, take home the Big Fish Cash, and represent our home lake well. Congratulations to Jimmy’s boat, Azul’s Big Fish Champ of 2021!!!👑

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/26/21 12:18 PM

Thanks everyone. I am happy to put in the work to help make days like Sunday happen. Y'all are awesome. I will be looking forward to the next time we can get together. For me, watching Jaxon and Wyatt at full afterburner all day was worth everything. Nothing better than giving the boys the opportunity to get outside and play. To get dirty and not care; (and as y'all saw, they do not care). Wyatt was asleep in the back of the truck in 10 minutes. He and Jaxon were both crying when it was time to leave. Fills my heart when I see that. What a great day...

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/26/21 02:14 PM

Jaxon had a blast Tim. He wasn’t feeling his best and had a cough that had been lingering for a week but said there was no way he was missing this and wanted to fish. He sucked in a mouthful of lake water when the boys were releasing fish too which didn’t help. Add to that, we got up early 2 days in a row to go catch bait and then the event so he was all tuckered out by the fish fry! He cried when he had to leave and wanted to know how much longer Wyatt and Ger were there. He has asked me when y’all are coming fishing on our boat 3 times since then and said he wants to go to Lake Tawakoni and get a cabin with Wyatt! If your up for it we will get something planned soon. I’ve created a fishing monster and I love it!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/26/21 02:42 PM

Jimmy,

I am game! Really enjoyed the conversation and education. Been on line looking at bigger socks and stuff. Think I have found everything I had notes on. Love to learn. Also love to win!

Talk to you soon.

Ken

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/26/21 05:59 PM

Thanks to this event and meeting new folks, Henry, the other guy with a small tracker boat on Sunday and I have connected up and now have a plan to go fish Tawakoni together this coming week.

I am banking on catching a huge monster of course (then I wake up - lol).

News at 11.

fish

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/26/21 11:09 PM

Hey guys, some of you asked about the drift sock that slowed my boat down in those big winds. I used 10’ and 6’ Easterlin socks, which kept my boat at .4 to .5 MPH on Saturday. The 10’ sock is what I use 90% of the time on our north Texas windy days.

Check them out here: https://easterlinseaanchor.wixsite.com/website

Awesome people and a small business.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/27/21 10:53 AM

Great to meet everyone and glad it all came together so well. Pretty cool to see the line of boats in the dark that morning. Huge thanks to Azul and Catfish Tim! You guys worked your tails off. Thanks to all who helped make this a great inaugural event! It was cool to finally meet Tim, Jimmy, Fredo, Chris, Ken, Tommy, and a dozen others whose names escape me now.

Special thanks to everyone I talked to who furthered my education on blue-cat'n. I failed to boat a single fish Sunday but went back on Monday with the Mrs. and put 7 fish in the boat in a couple of hours. Pretty much all average fish (2-5 lbs) but it was nice to put the info I got into action and be successful. I've done alot of different types of fishing through the years and I will say that catfisherman are truly a different breed than the rest! I think maybe it's because cat guys know you don't keep the big ones so they're always available to everyone or if it's just that they're nicer people. Try to get a crappie guy to tell you where he caught his fish! Everyone I asked a question of Sunday had a straight forward answer. Special thanks to Azul for being so forthcoming with the info he's learned through the years. Never known a guy who's that eager to help me catch fish! I'm pretty sure if I asked, he'd tow me behind him on a drift just to make sure I was in the right spot!

Looking forward to the next one. I'll volunteer early to help Tim with the cooking duties. Chris, I'll see if the wife will come and be a designated cinematographer for you and get you a ton of video so you can focus on other stuff. Can't wait for it! Great times, great people!!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/27/21 01:30 PM

GREAT THREAD! The world needs more of this! thumb

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/27/21 02:51 PM

That’s what it’s all about Bob. Connecting like minded folks and building new friendships. One of my main goals for the event was to bring together some of the loose knit catfish community here in Texas and try and help form us into a more tight knit group. Other than holding these types of events, I’m trying to figure out a way to keep everyone together and build upon this group of good folks. Some type of club or group that has a page with everyone’s contact info, photo, boat pic, home lake, etc. so that it’s easy to find someone in the directory and know who you are talking to so that everyone can get in contact with each other more easily. I think this would be great for guys that fish new lakes and want to meet up with someone in the group that knows that lake. In this day and age it’s very hard to get folks to want to take time out of their busy schedule to come hang out with a bunch of strangers but I think now that we have shown everyone just how fun and cool something like this can be and all the new friendships that were made, we should be able to grow this thing into something great! Thanks for attending Bob! Enjoyed it!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/27/21 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

Yes it does! This group is something special...

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/27/21 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by skeetmaster
Great to meet everyone and glad it all came together so well. Pretty cool to see the line of boats in the dark that morning. Huge thanks to Azul and Catfish Tim! You guys worked your tails off. Thanks to all who helped make this a great inaugural event! It was cool to finally meet Tim, Jimmy, Fredo, Chris, Ken, Tommy, and a dozen others whose names escape me now.

Special thanks to everyone I talked to who furthered my education on blue-cat'n. I failed to boat a single fish Sunday but went back on Monday with the Mrs. and put 7 fish in the boat in a couple of hours. Pretty much all average fish (2-5 lbs) but it was nice to put the info I got into action and be successful. I've done alot of different types of fishing through the years and I will say that catfisherman are truly a different breed than the rest! I think maybe it's because cat guys know you don't keep the big ones so they're always available to everyone or if it's just that they're nicer people. Try to get a crappie guy to tell you where he caught his fish! Everyone I asked a question of Sunday had a straight forward answer. Special thanks to Azul for being so forthcoming with the info he's learned through the years. Never known a guy who's that eager to help me catch fish! I'm pretty sure if I asked, he'd tow me behind him on a drift just to make sure I was in the right spot!

Looking forward to the next one. I'll volunteer early to help Tim with the cooking duties. Chris, I'll see if the wife will come and be a designated cinematographer for you and get you a ton of video so you can focus on other stuff. Can't wait for it! Great times, great people!!

Not all fisherman are created equal that is for sure! In this day and age of social media and anonymous online trolls that spread negativity, it’s great to be able to connect with people face to face, shake hands, and look someone in the eyes when your talking to them. As this world gets bigger and bigger, people seem to get more closed off and guarded. This was a great opportunity for people to get to know each other better than just reading online posts that’s for sure. Really glad you made it and I enjoyed talking with you! I like helping guys that are friendly and I know how tough Bluecatn can be. I get my fare share of negativity from the thumbs down crowd online. It can be very disheartening at times but this group of folks puts everything into perspective and really made me feel good about what I’m trying to do. Cool that you were able to go back and have some success. Any help I can get for the next one will be greatly appreciated that is for sure. I know the next one will be even bigger and better!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/27/21 03:28 PM

El Gato, I like the idea of doing this twice a year. Spring fishing is always good. And I'm up for a trip to Twok any time. You tell Jax to say the word and Wyatt and I will be there!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together Oct 24th - 10/27/21 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

Yes it does! This group is something special...

This event reminded me of when I was a kid when folks came together a lot more often as a community. Hopefully the next one will be even bigger and better and we can build lots of lifetime friendships.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum