Texas Fishing Forum

Time to get a new fishing license!

Posted By: šŸ€El Gato AzulšŸ€

Time to get a new fishing license! - 09/01/21 02:07 PM

Itā€™s that time of year to get your fishing license renewed. New regulations also take effect today so donā€™t forget to familiarize yourself with any changes the effect you. Tight lines!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Time to get a new fishing license! - 09/01/21 03:07 PM

texas Done....

Re: Time to get a new fishing license! - 09/01/21 05:37 PM

Also going into effect today in Texas is no more permit required to carry a firearm. I am a long time concealed handgun license holder so it doesnā€™t effect me but now all law abiding citizen are allowed to pack.

Gotta love Texas!!
texas slinger texas
Posted By: Bluecat Bob

Re: Time to get a new fishing license! - 09/01/21 05:37 PM

Oooops!

Heading off to Malwart to get mine this pm...

Thanks for the reminder!!
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Time to get a new fishing license! - 09/02/21 02:09 AM

Iā€™m gonna get one this year!
Posted By: Dan90210 ā˜®

Re: Time to get a new fishing license! - 09/02/21 01:20 PM

Good reminder.

Also I noted that my Texoma permit expired. So got a new one of those. Which will expire Dec 31. So the Texas license is running on this goofy August date and your Texoma tag is on the annual calendar.... Just a heads up as I was not aware of this. Been rolling dirty on Texoma half the time. Wont do that again.
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: Time to get a new fishing license! - 09/02/21 08:11 PM

The last few years Iā€™ve gotten mine online. Also, being an old phart, itā€™s much cheaper than it used to be. Thanks to all you younguns that are still working for making it easier on all us old guys ! roflmao
Posted By: Flip Flop Fisher

Re: Time to get a new fishing license! - 09/02/21 11:28 PM

ours (SC) used to all expire last day of June. Now whenever you buy it it's good for 1 calendar year. 10 bucks for 1 year
Posted By: Juggernaut30

Re: Time to get a new fishing license! - 09/03/21 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by šŸ€El Gato AzulšŸ€
Also going into effect today in Texas is no more permit required to carry a firearm. I am a long time concealed handgun license holder so it doesnā€™t effect me but now all law abiding citizen are allowed to pack.

Gotta love Texas!!
texas slinger texas

Make sure you look up the regulations on that. There are some serious ambiguities/loop holes/etc. to be aware of for sure. It still pays to have your LTC.

Re: Time to get a new fishing license! - 09/03/21 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Juggernaut30
Originally Posted by šŸ€El Gato AzulšŸ€

Gotta love Texas!!
texas slinger texas

Make sure you look up the regulations on that. There are some serious ambiguities/loop holes/etc. to be aware of for sure. It still pays to have your LTC.

There is no loop hole or regulation. Texas is a constitutional carry state now.
https://www.npr.org/2021/09/02/1033606817/texas-gun-law-permitless-carry-constitutional-carry
Posted By: Catfish Lynn

Re: Time to get a new fishing license! - 09/15/21 01:26 AM

Got my combo last week at WallyWorld (WM). And guess what?

To my surprise, the clerk pulled out a printed copy of the 2021-2022 Rules & Regs handbook for Fish/Hunt. I thought the printed copies were history. So I said, mind if I have that one, I prefer written over digital any day. He said he had extras, and gave it to me.

I thought they had gone fully digital. I just uncovered a stash of old ones over the weekend, going back to about y2000 & a few in the late 90s. Somewhere, I should have some older ones from the 70s & 80s. That pile should be with Fishing Reports from the 70s & 80s.
Posted By: Mark Cooper

Re: Time to get a new fishing license! - 09/15/21 04:00 PM

You can also get what is called a year to date license, Good for one year after the date bought. The big box store employees may not be aware of this.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum