Texas Fishing Forum

The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads!

Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/10/21 08:50 PM

Here is part I of this weekends fishing trips. We caught some big summertime Blues and had a great time doing it. I’ve caught a lot bigger fish and had more productive trips but this weekend was one of the funnest runs I’ve had as bluecatr. The action was non stop on our evening trips and after catching a 1000 eaters all summer, it was exciting to get on some big fish. Part 1 was non stop action and I never had time to catch my breath. We caught big fish from beginning to end so make sure you watch the whole thing. Sorry guys, didn’t have a chance to really explain what we were doing this time as the rods were going down with double and triple takedowns from the first 5 minutes until we reeled up. These were all 2 hr trips which isn’t long but we hammered em and got off the water exhausted. Hope y’all enjoy and I will edit part 2 tonight and tomorrow. Part III was the best trip as we had one of my favorite 9 yr old Jr anglers on the boat and he broke his PB 3 fish in a row. Thanks for watching y’all!
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/10/21 09:17 PM

Super cool. One day maybe I’ll try to make a video. Starting to get ready to head to the coast in a couple weeks. Can’t wait

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/10/21 09:22 PM

Thanks amigo! We’ll be down there too Matt! Shark fishing!! Where are y’all going? We rent a beach house every year about a mile from the San Luis Pass.
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/10/21 09:27 PM

One of those days when the stars line up for you can't hardly keep baits in the water. Nice job brother. By the way, Wyatt said "who is that" when I told him that was Jaxon, he said I want to meet him! Haha, I told him you will, pretty soon you will!

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/10/21 09:30 PM

Jaxon has asked me at Least a dozen times when are we going fishing with your friend with the boy! It’s long overdue buddy!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/10/21 11:17 PM

bow_down Totally AWESOME! bow_down
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/11/21 12:59 AM

We are going to Lake Calcasieu Louisiana. Haven’t been there in several years. We just got back from Port A this week.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/11/21 12:21 PM

Love itđź‘Ť

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/11/21 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Blazer 2400
We are going to Lake Calcasieu Louisiana. Haven’t been there in several years. We just got back from Port A this week.

I was hoping you were going to say somewhere closer to us so y’all could join us on our shark adventure! Hooe y’all have some fun amigo!

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/11/21 12:30 PM

Thanks Champion Fish!!! cheers
Posted By: D.D.R.

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/11/21 05:40 PM

Lmao! That big tail wiped slime all over his face when you lifted that fish up! Greatness!

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/11/21 06:41 PM

Sometimes that boy needs a little sense slapped into him DDR!!

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/12/21 04:43 PM

Part 2 is finished and ready to upload guys. I will wait another day or 2 to upload so guys have enough time to watch part 1. Part 2 has a lot more back and forth conversation between me and my son which some of y’all might not like but I had to put that stuff in there because I cherish those moments as much as I do the fish catching and I want to be able to look back on these videos in 10-20 yrs and laugh at all our good times and show Jaxon what kind of wild ace he was. In my future videos I will try and keep them under 10 minutes and show more graph pics and explain what we are doing better. My videos where I explain what we are doing always perform better but this series is just about having fun and sharing time on the water catching fish with my son. Hope y’all enjoy! I will upload part 2 tomorrow afternoon.

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/12/21 06:43 PM

My grandson B is headed back to Illinois this weekend. I'm going out tonight to get him in the boat one more time. Hope some of that summer toad action finds it's way to Lavon for us.

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/12/21 06:57 PM

I will say this Tim. If you locate the bait concentration before 7:45pm you will hardly see a single fish with them. But at 7:45 to 8 pm the fish starting showing up in huge numbers and by 8:15 my side image looked like Twok. The fish know where that bait is snd will return right at dusk to feed. The evening bite is much much better in the summer I can guarantee you that much. Hope you get into em buddy!!

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/12/21 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by 🍀El Gato Azul🍀
I will say this Tim. If you locate the bait concentration before 7:45pm you will hardly see a single fish with them. But at 7:45 to 8 pm the fish starting showing up in huge numbers and by 8:15 my side image looked like Twok. The fish know where that bait is snd will return right at dusk to feed. The evening bite is much much better in the summer I can guarantee you that much. Hope you get into em buddy!!

Stay tuned Chris, I will let you know how it goes...

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/13/21 04:20 AM

Big ol skunk tonight Chris. Found the bait thick as could be in 14 to 18 feet of water on a wind blown ledge. After sundown we marked lots of fish under them but couldn't get them to bite. Had an east wind so I don't know if they didn't like the wind or if it was something else. The bait were up high and the fish we marked were on the bottom. Nothing in between which told me they were not feeding. Oh well. We'll get em next time...

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/13/21 03:18 PM

Happens to us all Tim. That’s why it’s called fishing and not catching buddy. We were fishing a big flat and there was about 2 ft of Thermocline in the area. We’re gonna fish this evening with my wife so keeping my fingers crossed I can find some hungry fish so she can get in on some action. Be really cool if she could catch a big fish but they are hard to come by.

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/13/21 03:31 PM

Good luck Buddy! I think I'm gonna try again too...

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/13/21 05:19 PM

Thanks Tim. Wind looks to be 8 mph which is a little less than optimal but will hopefully be enough to get the fish going. I prefer 12-15 but gotta work with what Mother Nature gives us. I’m hoping I can get bait easy so I have enough time to go scan 3 or 4 areas for 30-45 minutes before I choose our spot. Good luck amigo!🍀🍀🍀

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/13/21 09:22 PM

Scratch that…wife just saw tomorrow’s forecast and asked if we could go tomorrow night instead. Big wind change with wind turning out of the north at 5 mph. Not good! But we’ll see if we can get lucky anyway…

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/14/21 05:10 PM

I didn't make it last night either. Today is my daughters graduation party. She just finished her sonography degree and she has two jobs! I'm gonna be out of town all week next week. Might be able to get a trip in tomorrow. We'll see...

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/15/21 09:44 AM

We stayed home again Saturday night as my wife wasn’t feeling well Tim. We might try Sunday morning if the weather cooperates. Then again, might just stay home and work on the boat and get my my gear in order.

Re: The Monster Hunters- part I - night of the summer toads! - 08/15/21 01:00 PM

I got my new planer boards yesterday and today these came in the mail...

[Linked Image]

Looking forward to trying these out. I know the ones Josh used on our guide trip worked great...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum