Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon July 24th

Posted By: Catfish Tim

Lavon July 24th - 07/24/21 11:21 PM

Well, we got skunked yesterday and today didn't start off much better. My grandson Billy from up north is down for a visit and he loves to fish with me. We tried lots of places anchored and drifting and after the first couple hours all we had to show for it was a dink and a turtle!

We eventually managed to get himon a good fish. The spawn is over but the moon is full. Heck gotta blame it on something...can't be my fault...

Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Lavon July 24th - 07/24/21 11:47 PM

Your back in the zone you ol Pirate! 🍀🏴‍☠️🍀. We’re loaded and ready to fish in the morning but light wind will probably have us floating around like idiots for 5 or 6 dinks I’m betting. How deep?
Posted By: KEGracing

Re: Lavon July 24th - 07/25/21 02:07 AM

that is solid!
Glad you made it happen

Re: Lavon July 24th - 07/25/21 11:06 AM

Around 15 feet Chris. The flats at Brockdale are starting to fill up. Action will just get better as we get into fall now that we are past the spawn...

Ken, I am taking him to the Tennessee river in less than 2 weeks. He is so excited about this trip. This is gonna be one to remember...
Posted By: Bluecat Bob

Re: Lavon July 24th - 07/25/21 11:26 AM

Love the movie!

Cool how the little kid pats him on the back to congratulate the bigger kid getting the big one in the boat. He won't forget that big fish.

Nice flag to sail under as well - lol!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lavon July 24th - 07/25/21 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by KEGracing
that is solid!
Glad you made it happen

Plus #1. thumb

Re: Lavon July 24th - 07/26/21 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Texas Brit
Love the movie!

Cool how the little kid pats him on the back to congratulate the bigger kid getting the big one in the boat. He won't forget that big fish.

Nice flag to sail under as well - lol!

The story behind the pirate flag is from Wyatt's last birthday. it was a pirate themed party. He got the flag and insisted that we fly it on the boat. And I'm ok with that...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Lavon July 24th - 07/26/21 12:40 PM

We usually fly a flag as well Tim per Jaxon’s request. We’ve flown the Jolly Rodger, Texas flag, and now we fly the Independent Republic of Azul!
[Linked Image]

Last month Jax asked if we could put some weapons on the Battleship…so now we have missile launchers, [Linked Image]

Granada launchers
[Linked Image]

Big Cat Bombs
[Linked Image]

And whisker Bombs
[Linked Image]

It’s a ton of fun fishing with a little Catfish Warrior!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum