Texas Fishing Forum

Tatoo machine grommets as knot protectors

Posted By: Catfanman

Tatoo machine grommets as knot protectors - 07/24/21 04:15 PM

I went ahead and ordered me some tattoo grommets on Amazon for 4 bucks and change because they look like the same thing as team catfish sinker bumpers but they are not all yellow and more come in a pack the one I ordered has 100 in them so I hope they will work just as good as team catfish sinker bumpers but have any of yall ever tried them and if so were they just as good?
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Tatoo machine grommets as knot protectors - 07/24/21 04:20 PM

I use them and they are similar but have a slightly larger diameter hole. Can’t tell much difference after a year and a heck of a lot cheaper. The first order I made I got ones that the hole was too big but 2nd batch are good.

Re: Tatoo machine grommets as knot protectors - 07/24/21 04:29 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
These are the ones I ordered

Re: Tatoo machine grommets as knot protectors - 07/24/21 04:44 PM

Same ones I gotđź‘Ť Your good to go! The black ones are the ones I first ordered and they were too big.
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: Tatoo machine grommets as knot protectors - 07/24/21 05:35 PM

Diachi sells the same yellow ones as Team Catfish. I also got some round ones from Dale's Tackle. Cheap and they work great...

[Linked Image]

Re: Tatoo machine grommets as knot protectors - 07/25/21 07:04 PM

They just came in and here's the rig I use them on [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Tatoo machine grommets as knot protectors - 07/25/21 08:07 PM

You can do away with the bottom snap swivel as that is an extra thing to get snagged and loose your whole rig. Just my 2cents
Posted By: G Love

Re: Tatoo machine grommets as knot protectors - 07/28/21 02:32 PM

A sizeable fish will disintegrate that snap swivel.
Posted By: ccat

Re: Tatoo machine grommets as knot protectors - 08/01/21 01:53 PM

I have used grommets from electrical supply houses as well, but now use the rubber beads from Pipeline Tackle. They work well and the small diameter hole won't let it slide up on top of the knot like some after market grommets.
Posted By: ggoytia

Re: Tatoo machine grommets as knot protectors - 08/09/21 12:57 AM

FYI the tattoo machine grommets price has increased. The price of the 200 pieces is about the same as the 100 piece.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum