Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon July 18th

Posted By: Catfish Tim

Lavon July 18th - 07/18/21 11:28 PM

Talked my wife into going out with me today. Worked up a good sweat catchin bait but managed to get enough to get after 'em. No wind when we started so we went north and dropped the trolling motor and started to pull baits back south. About a half hour in we had a rod just get smoked. Started rippin drag and just kept goin. It was on a bid mid section of cut shad. We were in about 16 feet of water. I don't have any video because not one but both of my cameras were off. :-( That fish spun us around twice and made an epic mess of everything we had out. I ended up having to cut three lines. It took 5 minutes to boat the fish and an hour to fix the mess he created. He was worth every minute of it. He weighed in at 32 pounds but he had the head of a 40 pounder. He was obviously emaciated from the spawn and he was just a little beat up too. That was the only bite we managed today. We had things to do and the yacht club was out in full force so we headed home.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Lavon July 18th - 07/18/21 11:47 PM

That will work!

Well done. I bet that fish will HUGE in 6 months.
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Lavon July 18th - 07/19/21 12:27 AM

You freakin Houndog!!!! Way to go my man!
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Lavon July 18th - 07/19/21 01:23 AM

Good job
Posted By: iFloat

Re: Lavon July 18th - 07/19/21 01:30 AM

Awesome.

Bait was hard for me yesterday too. Stiff wind but they were scattered and not where they had been the last 2 weeks. Finally got a handful of gizzards... no threadfins, which was weird to me.

Great fish. That's awesome.
Posted By: Bluecat Bob

Re: Lavon July 18th - 07/19/21 01:51 AM

Wow, that's a beast!

Well done, Sir!
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Lavon July 18th - 07/19/21 08:48 AM

Awesome job Tim thumb

Re: Lavon July 18th - 07/19/21 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by iFloat
Awesome.

Bait was hard for me yesterday too. Stiff wind but they were scattered and not where they had been the last 2 weeks. Finally got a handful of gizzards... no threadfins, which was weird to me.

Great fish. That's awesome.

I was on my third spot before I found any bait. First one was just at the breakwater by the marina, I always see bait there but never seem to catch much. Second spot has been producing well for me for some time but yesterday I was there at a different time of day than usual. Third spot was one I've had success in when spot number two is not producing. Took a few throws but we finally got on em.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: G Love

Re: Lavon July 18th - 07/19/21 01:47 PM

Those summer time 20+'s are freight trains. Good job.

Re: Lavon July 18th - 07/19/21 01:54 PM

He was all that G! Got him to the boat and he pulled straight down. I love that part. You know those blues are gonna make a run when they see the boat and he did not disappoint.
Posted By: KEGracing

Re: Lavon July 18th - 07/19/21 02:59 PM

Nice job! Pretty fish!

Ken
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Lavon July 18th - 07/19/21 04:58 PM

Way to go Tim.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum