Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lewisville

Posted By: catfisher08

Lake Lewisville - 07/17/21 01:26 AM

Visiting friends in Dallas this weekend, plan to do some bank fishing at lake Lewisville in the morning, but I have never fished the lake before, appreciate any recommendation on bank fishing spots for catfish. Thank you in advance! Mike
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Lake Lewisville - 07/17/21 12:19 PM

The old dam is always a very popular area. There are no amenities and it's a hella long hike to the cut. I've only fished it once and it was a long time ago. I didn't actually have any luck. But I'm sure it's a good spot or it wouldn't be as popular as it is.Free access.

Pilot Knoll Park on the far west side of the lake is where I have the most experience bank fishing. I haven't been there in over a year targeting catfish. When I did go there for catfish it wasn't particularly great, however I could catch some there. The park is wonderful! Hass nice clean bathrooms. Veryl well maintained and secure. You're truck is not likely to get broken into here and I can't say that about all bank fishing spots I've visited over the years. Heck you could even be fishing underneath a covered picnic table with the charcoal grill that they provide going! It cost $10 per vehicle for a day pass.

I know Lewisville Lake Park is another very popular bank fishing area. Again I don't have much personal experience there. I believe the park has restrooms and playgrounds etc. There is an entry fee but honestly done recall the amnt. $5 or $10 I'd guess.

Not super helpful but that's all I got bud!! Let us know where you go and how it goes

Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Lake Lewisville - 07/17/21 01:00 PM

We caught a bunch along the old dam at the bottom of the contour several weeks back. If the wind is out of the South you should catch fish there. You get there through Garza Little Elm. It’s probably your best shot at catching good fish from the bank right now. Blues and bigger channels. [Linked Image]
Posted By: FishinGlenn

Re: Lake Lewisville - 07/17/21 05:00 PM

Fish early and try any shady spot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum