Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville 6-6

Posted By: šŸ€El Gato AzulšŸ€

Lewisville 6-6 - 06/06/21 08:05 PM

Got out and pleasure drifted this morning with the family. Got a late start and hit the water at 9 with Action Jaxon. Got bait easy in 38 ft and we headed for mid depth structure. Sandbass weā€™re on the points and humps in 30 ft so we pulled boards through em and caught 11 our first drift. Good wind and clouds had the bite going strong. We headed back in to pick up the wife at 10:30 and went back and made another run through em. She caught the 2 of the smallest fish weā€™ve caught all year. We caught 15 more and ended up with 26 total and off the water by noon. Sandbass pattern is going strong. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Lewisville 6-6 - 06/07/21 02:39 AM

Great report. Fish are nice, but it is really all about family. Love the smiles. thumb
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Lewisville 6-6 - 06/07/21 02:43 AM

Great family time! Awesome job
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: Lewisville 6-6 - 06/07/21 12:51 PM

You got em figured out brother. Solid work as always...
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Lewisville 6-6 - 06/07/21 12:59 PM

thumb
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Lewisville 6-6 - 06/07/21 02:21 PM

Those are some real nice ones for sure,... grin
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Lewisville 6-6 - 06/07/21 02:53 PM

Way to go!! thumb
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Lewisville 6-6 - 06/07/21 03:32 PM

Our sandbass pattern means I have to drive 30 miles to Wheeler dam. They went into spawn mode Memorial Day weekend. I would be happy just finding numbers of smaller fish like you are.

Re: Lewisville 6-6 - 06/07/21 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Fishin' Nut
Our sandbass pattern means I have to drive 30 miles to Wheeler dam. They went into spawn mode Memorial Day weekend. I would be happy just finding numbers of smaller fish like you are.
Rivers fish a lot different then Reservoirs thatā€™s for sure Carey. Big fish are on their beds here too. We rarely catch anything over 10 lbs during the spawn. The bigger fish wonā€™t get off the nest much but the dinks stay very active during the spawn. Even when the spawn is over we rarely catch a big Blue during the daytime. They just arenā€™t active during daytime in this Texas heat. Itā€™s dinkfest all summer for us unless we fish the storms or fish at night. Weā€™ve caught some toads at night when they come off there beds in July. You can pretty much set your calendar like clockwork for October when we start catching big fish. When those cold fronts start dump cool water into the lake I can tell you the exact day weā€™ll catch a toad.

Re: Lewisville 6-6 - 06/07/21 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by JIM SR.

I knew you would like those Jim you ol hound dogšŸ˜›šŸ˜›
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Lewisville 6-6 - 06/07/21 06:07 PM

Great job bud. I tried the sanbass technique last thursday and couldn't get them going. I usually dont catfish this time of year but wanted to try. We caught a couple but not good for us. So we caught sandbass instead. I bet we caught 300+. My bud from west texas was here and had a blast. I lost count of how many times he said that this is crazy and amazing. He took only a bunch of fish.

Re: Lewisville 6-6 - 06/08/21 03:52 PM

Yā€™all smashed em Matt! Iā€™ve used the sandbass pattern on your lake for years and have done well every trip I can remember so donā€™t give up. I used to sandbass and striper fish my lake a ton but they quit stocking Striper in my lake years back so I moved on to Blues. We really enjoy fishing the Sandbass pattern and it is a much needed change of pace after fishing hard and grinding since October. I call it pleasure drifting cuz you can find fish quick and easy, throw out a drift sock, turn on some tunes, crack a beer, and kick back and catch fish.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Lewisville 6-6 - 06/09/21 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by šŸŒŠEl Gato AzulšŸŒŠ
Originally Posted by JIM SR.

I knew you would like those Jim you ol hound dogšŸ˜›šŸ˜›

cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum