Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon June 5th

Posted By: Catfish Tim

Lavon June 5th - 06/06/21 12:33 PM

Yesterday was a typical June day for me. Not a lot of action. Wyatt and I went out early. Shad was scarce in the marina but we caught enough to get started. Stayed in the cove at first due to the weather. We didn't mind the rain but we were hearing a little thunder so didn't want to venture out too far. It was a nice morning sitting in the soft rain coming straight down. Caught a couple nice eater size fish back there and then the rain stopped so we headed out on the main lake. Water was slick, dead flat calm. Pulled boards over the flats up by Brockdale and just got a couple dinks. Headed to another little cove that usually holds fish and caught a couple more dinks. headed back south to the island. Started looking at the south side of the island and saw loads of fish on sonar. Thought they were probably Sand Bass so we dropped a couple slabs and caught a couple more dink blues. Headed up to Ticky Creek inlet and hit the trees, what was shallow a few weeks ago is not 15 feet deep. Tied up there and same story, couple nice eaters was all. By then it was noon and we had been out there for 6 hours plus so we called it a day. It was beautiful out there and Wyatt and I had a great time as usual.

Side note, I took my team from work on a guided striper trip Friday with the best striper guide on Texoma Jay Fuller. We hit the water at 6:00 AM. We had about a 30 minute ride to where we started fishing. We put a 4 man limit of 40 fish in the boat in an hour and we fished for another hour until we ran out of bait. We probably boated close to 100 fish in 2 hours. Needless to say a great time was had by all. Brought home a few filets and had a nice fish fry with the fam last night.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: rebait

Re: Lavon June 5th - 06/06/21 02:29 PM

Looks mighty tasty.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lavon June 5th - 06/06/21 04:27 PM

Solid post and solid fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Lavon June 5th - 06/06/21 07:36 PM

Y’all smoked em Tim! Looks like a great timecheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum