Texas Fishing Forum

Bank fishing for cats

Posted By: Captain Break-Off

Bank fishing for cats - 05/28/21 03:48 PM

I am going camping this weekend with my siblings and wanted to do a little bank fishing, I want to try and catch some catfish but haven't done this in a very, very long time, maybe since I was a kid if memory serves me right. What should the cats be doing at this time of year ?? I have shrimp, earth worms, chicken blood cubes and a secret bait that I drift fish with and have great success on. Wish I had brought my cast net to catch some fresh shad. Any suggestions or tips that might help us catch a few to keep us entertained ?? Thank you in advance and everyone have a fun and safe weekend.

Jimmy

Posted By: z289sec

Re: Bank fishing for cats - 05/28/21 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Break-Off
I am going camping this weekend with my siblings and wanted to do a little bank fishing, I want to try and catch some catfish but haven't done this in a very, very long time, maybe since I was a kid if memory serves me right. What should the cats be doing at this time of year ?? I have shrimp, earth worms, chicken blood cubes and a secret bait that I drift fish with and have great success on. Any suggestions or tips that might help us catch a few to keep us entertained ?? Thank you in advance and everyone have a fun and safe weekend.

Take some range cubes, and keep the area chummed. Little late to start some soured wheat, but if you can keep it around, it works great. Also be aware the spawn is firing up, which makes it a little tougher to catch anything but little ones.
Posted By: Catfish Lynn

Re: Bank fishing for cats - 05/30/21 06:01 AM

Just be sure that the bait shrimp came from the Gulf coast (Gulf of Mexico). It is now illegal to use shrimp for bait, if from any other area now, in Texas due to a disease that survive even if they are dead or have been frozen. It could decimate local shrimp, crab, and crawfish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum