Texas Fishing Forum

Pimpin out my catfish boat...

Posted By: šŸ€El Gato AzulšŸ€

Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/08/21 04:04 PM

Like a lot of you guys, I also have an older boat. Iā€™ve spent the last five years rigging and re-rigging the war machine for cat fishing and never really spent much thought on how she looked. My wife has been asking me to spruce up the old boat so Iā€™ve taken the task this spring of improving the boats looks. I started with reupholstering the cushions. Then I para corded the steering wheel and the T top handles. After that I bought some green dock lines and some green lanyards for my bait station tools. Next I seadeked my yeti loadout buckets and added some green monster rod holders to my T bars. I also added 4 more flush mounts to give me 28 rod holders on the boat and man a little bit of green goes a long ways! Iā€™ve got plans to add a non-slip deck surface in the near future. I can barely recognize the old boat. Wish I wouldā€™ve done it years ago. Hereā€™s some pics of what Iā€™ve done so far...

First the Upholstery.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The para-cord
[Linked Image]

Accessories lanyards
[Linked Image]

Dock lines
[Linked Image]

Monster Rod Holders
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

SeaDek yeti load out buckets
[Linked Image]

I ordered a custom flag
[Linked Image]
Posted By: pop r

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/08/21 04:35 PM

Looks great! It's going to be a shame to get it all slimed up now. lol cheers
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/08/21 05:10 PM

bow_down The next time I see you on the water!!
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/08/21 07:07 PM

Man that is one sweet ride!!! you did a great job on sprucing it up buddy thumb banana
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/08/21 08:12 PM

Hell Yeah, I dig it. It ain't old, it's "seasoned".
Posted By: rebait

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/08/21 08:33 PM

I've always wondered what kind of boat you have but never see it in any pictures. What ya got there?
Posted By: rebait

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/08/21 08:35 PM

Also looks like you have spent a great deal of time landscaping your casa.
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/08/21 08:47 PM

I'm diggin that slime green. I bought the same rod holders a couple months back. Looking good brother!
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/08/21 08:51 PM

I`m green with envy.

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/08/21 08:51 PM

Thanks amigos! cheers The boat is a 23ft 2004 Polar 2310. It has been a hell of a catfishing boat especially on these big water lakes we fish.

Originally Posted by rebait
Also looks like you have spent a great deal of time landscaping your casa.

Thanks man! Iā€™m a landscaper by trade.
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/08/21 11:20 PM

Great looking rig!
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/09/21 02:34 AM

And washed it too?!!

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/09/21 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ed-n-eddy
And washed it too?!!

I keep the boat clean during wife boating season Ed. In the winter i fish the boat hard and put her up wet every week. In the spring and summer Jaxon and I fish in the mornings and then we pick wife up around 10:45. Sometimes we fish, sometimes we just all hang out and listen to tunes. I bought Jax a tube so weā€™ll start pulling him after we fish pretty soon. Itā€™s a better pleasure boating experience when the boat isnā€™t coated in 3 months of blood and slime. So Iā€™m told wife
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/09/21 04:05 AM

Awesome !
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/09/21 04:35 AM

Looks mighty fine! Good job. thumb
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/10/21 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by šŸŒŠEl Gato AzulšŸŒŠ

Monster Rod Holders
[Linked Image]

That SOB Steve Douglas has fished my secret flathead hole two weekends in a row now. His last video he took his employees out for a night trip. At least he is releasing them all back. Someday I hope we cross paths and I can tell him how much I like his rod holders.
Posted By: snowyriver6

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/16/21 06:02 PM

nicw boat. I like to keep the floor in mine empty. Nothing in the floor to trip over. But I had to sell my boat due to medical reasons. Sure miss it.

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/28/21 06:55 PM

Got the flag in...Check it out! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/29/21 04:44 AM

thumb roflmao
Posted By: Fly Fishing Scout

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 05/29/21 10:29 PM

The flag is awesome!!!

Does that make this your ā€œflagship?ā€ LOL
Posted By: Fly Fishing Scout

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 06/01/21 12:16 AM

Sorry, military reference.

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 06/01/21 01:54 AM

Itā€™s all good Scout cheers Thanks for your service Amigo! soldier
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 06/01/21 12:26 PM

Nice work! That upholstery looks slick. I had a friend who did that wrap on his steering wheel. FYI spray some bleach on it now and then. The cord holds slime and can get a lil rank if not cleaned. cheers

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 06/01/21 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jerry713
Nice work! That upholstery looks slick. I had a friend who did that wrap on his steering wheel. FYI spray some bleach on it now and then. The cord holds slime and can get a lil rank if not cleaned. cheers

Thanks Jerry cheers The boat has been getting a ton of attention at the ramp. Folks seem to really love the green! I spray the para cord down with the pressure washer every couple of trips. I figured Iā€™d have to replace them every so often over time.

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 07/23/21 02:52 PM

New live-well lid just shipped from Halk Marine Fabrication. Canā€™t wait to get this bad boy installed on the War Machine! [Linked Image]

Wife gave me another bait bucket for Fathers Day as well that I forgot to post. [Linked Image]

New green TX # [Linked Image]

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 07/23/21 03:17 PM

Wow that is freaking sweet eeks woot

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 10/14/21 06:00 PM

The War Machine is in a continual state of evolution. Iā€™m always looking to improve my fishing experience, function, safety, and appearance. I think the newest editions to the boat fit all four of those catagories!

MulTbars and bait table mount are installed and ready for action. These MulTbars will eliminate having to get up on the back deck to get to the rods when we hang a fish. Iā€™m always trying to improve the safety on my boat and having Jr anglers on board always makes me nervous when they get up on the back deck. Ive also stumbled getting up there getting to my rods on a big takedown. I was able to position the MulTbars so that I can still access all the compartments and live wells. There is also still plenty of room behind the bars so that I can deploy and retrieve my drift socks out the back or net a fish. Iā€™m also able to throw my cast net off the back no problem with this configuration.

Smackdown rod holders will help to eliminate snagging shorts, landing net and cast net as there is no metal pointing up to get hung on.

MulTbar bait tray mount allows me to set the bait table perfectly so it no longer overhangs the boat and gets hung up on docks, bridge pilings, or timber.

Next up is removing the old blue pinstripe at the waterline on the hull of the boat. Will be replacing the blue pinstripe with Slime Green pinstripe.

Really love this boat and Iā€™ve got it rigged up perfect for the way I fish. With all the upgrades Iā€™ve put into the ol boat this past year it looks like a completely different machine.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TRH (formerly xpress00)

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 10/14/21 06:04 PM

Looking good Chris!!

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 10/14/21 06:32 PM

Man I love everything you put on that boat lol nuts thumb
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 10/14/21 06:43 PM

I like it. Clean install and look
Posted By: iFloat

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 10/14/21 09:45 PM

Sweet man. Next up for me is a bait cutting board. Exploring best mounting options.

Thanks for inspiration.
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 10/15/21 11:35 AM

That looks so good. Can't wait to see you get it covered with slime!
Posted By: Bluecat Bob

Re: Pimpin out my catfish boat... - 10/15/21 02:42 PM

Dang, that is one trick boat!

I have boat envyā€¦
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum