Texas Fishing Forum

chum Recipe

Posted By: clinton_c

chum Recipe - 04/28/21 02:07 PM

Heading Purtis creek in a few weeks and got a water spot finally. Looking for easy sour maze or chum recipe. Gonna be night fishing from the bank by our campsite. Thanks all.
Posted By: G Love

Re: chum Recipe - 04/28/21 02:22 PM

Milo, water, beer, sun.
Posted By: BAIT956

Re: chum Recipe - 04/28/21 03:14 PM

G Love has it. If you want it to ferment faster, use bakers yeast, Best to use unpasteurized beer. The more sun the better. Make sure it stays covered with water. Range cubes work too and can be thrown farther.
Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: chum Recipe - 04/28/21 03:26 PM

I use either 20% range cubes or if put milo in a 5 gallon bucket with water and leave it alone for about a week. No fancy recipe needed
Posted By: clinton_c

Re: chum Recipe - 04/28/21 04:27 PM

Thanks all since my whole yard is shaded Ill just use the range cubes. Easier anyway. Tight Lines yall
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: chum Recipe - 04/28/21 08:24 PM

After you chum with cubes a couple of days, try using them as bait. You might pick up a catfish or get a good pull from a carp. roflmao

Here is how to rig them.

https://youtu.be/4HJNrljkWGI
Posted By: z289sec

Re: chum Recipe - 04/29/21 12:08 AM

I use wheat, unchlorinated water, and add some heat. If you need it quicker, kick it off with some yeast.
Posted By: Beak47

Re: chum Recipe - 04/29/21 12:13 AM

Wheat and water. No yeast or beer needed. Milo if you cant get wheat. Keep it simple.
Posted By: lamar44

Re: chum Recipe - 04/29/21 12:54 AM

IMO ,You don't have to go to all the trouble of souring grain and that stinking mess just go to the feed store
get a bag of sweet feed and chum with that right from the bag works alot better then sour milo or range cubes.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum