Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon 4-24 (Toad Alert)

Posted By: Catfish Tim

Lavon 4-24 (Toad Alert) - 04/24/21 07:08 PM

The wind and I are starting to get along... Weather man was way off this morning (as usual); sun up was a clear sky and calm winds. Forecast was for it to be blowing hard. Antway, took advantage and caught bait easy in the marina. Headed east to the Ticky creek inlet. Thought with the rain we had the fresh water would have everything up towards the inlet. Sonar looked real good and wind was still barely blowing so we got set up thinking it would be picking up anytime and it did. Threw out the drift sock and let her head out of the cove from the inlet. It was a dink fest. Had 4 rods getting bit at a time. Nothing hooking up and going through bait like you know what through a goose. Pulled boards on that drift for almost 2 hours thinking we would run in to some bigger fish eventually but we didn't. pulled everything in and headed for plan B. Went back up into the cove, found some timber in shallows with a South shore and the wind blowing up against it. Little bit of protection from the wind but still open to big water. Anchored up and started soaking baits. Water temp was about 65 in the cove. after about 10 minutes, wham! Rod goes down hard and drag is screaming! picked it up and put it to him because I didn't want to give him the chance to get wrapped up in the trees. Thought he was a good fish but he stayed down so I didn't get a look at him until he was right at the boat. Holy Buckets! The head came up and then he tail slapped the water and it sounded like a rifle shot! Got him in the net and let out a Hoooo Weeee! What a toad. He weighed in at 41 pounds! Day made! Trip made! Ended up catching a few more eater size fish, maybe 10 or 12 on the day but after that dude, I didn't any need to count.

I hope y'all had as much fun as Wyatt and I did today...

God Bless and Tight lines...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lavon 4-24 (Toad Alert) - 04/24/21 07:22 PM

Solid post and solid fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Lavon 4-24 (Toad Alert) - 04/24/21 07:22 PM

Your on fire Amigo! cheers Man I need one more toad like that before the party is over. We’ll be out there in the morning looking for glory!
Posted By: Fish fanatic

Re: Lavon 4-24 (Toad Alert) - 04/24/21 07:53 PM

Getting skunked so far on Lewisville
Posted By: KEGracing

Re: Lavon 4-24 (Toad Alert) - 04/24/21 09:39 PM

Nice job Tim. Your 2nd quarter is going strong too!

I kind of followed the first part of your day... Nice morning, easy bait and dink fest.
Weather man said NW but I fought NE winds. After lunch they quit, or I was not in the right hole.
Did catch and release a 6 lb hybrid this morning... it was bigger than the hand full of blues I caught.

Keep up the toad party!

Ken
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Lavon 4-24 (Toad Alert) - 04/25/21 05:17 AM

thumb
Posted By: iFloat

Re: Lavon 4-24 (Toad Alert) - 04/25/21 04:14 PM

Nice report!

We're headed that way now, will probably chase the white bass around today. But I can't quit thinkin about these big blues... smile
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: Lavon 4-24 (Toad Alert) - 04/25/21 08:09 PM

Thanks guys! I’m at DFW headed out of town for the first part of the week. Might be able to get an early start this coming weekend. Hoping to get after em Friday. I’ve been thinkin about the Sandys too but only when the blues are on the nest and not biting. After this past weekend, I’m still gonna be after those blues...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum