Texas Fishing Forum

In 1998, my wife actually told me I should start guiding.

Posted By: BOB HOLMES GS

In 1998, my wife actually told me I should start guiding. - 04/17/21 01:17 PM

There was talk I would guide some this springtime and than retire.
Just so everyone knows I have made the Hard Decision to give up Guiding!

It's in my heart to be on the water with all the great Guides I have truly learned to love over the years. I will miss everything about it. 
From leaving Oakcove Marina at Daylight heading under that 287 Bridge judging the wind making my plan, with a full boat of fishermen ready to fill there limits!

Like everyone who's career comes to a end. Your body has wore out or maybe it's a combination of things but you know it's time!

My dear wife who washed so many dirty guide shirts and shorts.
Cooked enough food for me to eat all week and did it all in one day 23 years ago. It took a little longer the last few years.
Thank you Janis, your tougher than any of us old Fishing Guides!

Chris Watson has always been with me fish for fish. We both had our strengths and weaknesses together 20 plus years ago they said we were a pair of loaded Pistols! The Glory Day's, those were the best.

Chris Watson will be running his business as well as covering my customer base.

Let me give a shout out to who we call  Customers the first time they got in the boat. These Men,  Women and their families go back 20 plus years. So many or real life friends.
I know their Mothers and Dads names I know their children's names. The one's that have left us now I remember them most of all.
I thank about these past trips I tell stories about the stories they told me.
Sorry Folk, I will miss you all, call me share a story!
The Record Holder!
Best regards Bob

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: taterpop

Re: In 1998, my wife actually told me I should start guiding. - 04/17/21 03:08 PM

Bro. you have a Blessed retirement. I've always enjoyed your posts.
Posted By: HonkyVoodooFishing

Re: In 1998, my wife actually told me I should start guiding. - 04/17/21 04:25 PM

Bob, glad you are hanging it up for the finer things in life. I enjoy the memories of hanging around the marina with my dad growing up and I remember your record striper like it was yesterday. Some day soon I'll try to get back down there and say hello. Dad passed away a few years back but he'd be thinking of you right now too I'm sure.
Posted By: Beak47

Re: In 1998, my wife actually told me I should start guiding. - 04/17/21 05:57 PM

Good luck and enjoy your retirement like I do mine!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: In 1998, my wife actually told me I should start guiding. - 04/17/21 07:09 PM

Going to miss all of your post and seeing those great catches. Most important of all I will miss the smiles on your customers faces and the memories that you helped make. Congratulations on your retirement! Well deserved! thumb
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: In 1998, my wife actually told me I should start guiding. - 04/18/21 09:36 PM

Mr. Holmes, congratulations on your retirement, (or not, depending on the reasons :)) I know I wasn’t ready to retire when I did, but I’ve become used to it. I always looked forward to your posts and pictures even though I’ve only been on here a short while. Good luck in your future !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum