Texas Fishing Forum

New PB blue cat

Posted By: Lonestar Angling

New PB blue cat - 04/15/21 04:17 PM

My lake doesn't typically produce big cats. The largest I'd caught until yesterday was around 8lb and it took me a while to get that. But yesterday, I caught a 20lb 7oz blue catfish from my usual spot. The lake record is 26.2lb, just as a reference point. This was hands down the most excited I have been in my life grin I also got my buddy on an 8lb flathead, after catching my first ever flatty the day before. I LOVE SPRING thumb [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
If anybody would like to see this beautiful blue swim back home I'll leave the link below. Please excuse our language/excitement if you watch, I wish that the video was calmer but there was far too much excitement in the air. roflmao

https://youtu.be/0o7GmBHpJwY
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: New PB blue cat - 04/15/21 04:49 PM

Your gonna be messed up good with Bluecat fever now! Good job on the release cheers

Re: New PB blue cat - 04/15/21 05:41 PM

Thank you Gato!! Nothing compares to the feeling of letting a fish like that swim free cheers
Posted By: pop r

Re: New PB blue cat - 04/15/21 06:25 PM

Congrats on you PB Blue. Awesome release. cheers

Re: New PB blue cat - 04/15/21 06:29 PM

Thank you pop! Here's hoping y'all see another release just like it from me in the near future cheers
Posted By: Fly Fishing Scout

Re: New PB blue cat - 04/15/21 07:00 PM

That is awesome!

Re: New PB blue cat - 04/15/21 07:16 PM

Thank you Scout! I was definitely in awe! grin
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: New PB blue cat - 04/16/21 02:42 AM

Nice fish and congratulations on the PB Blue Cat and the first Flathead. cheers

Re: New PB blue cat - 04/16/21 02:54 AM

Thank you banker! It was my buddy's first flathead too from what he told me, lots of PB's from that boat ramp lately cheers
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: New PB blue cat - 04/16/21 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lonestar Angling
Thank you banker! It was my buddy's first flathead too from what he told me, lots of PB's from that boat ramp lately cheers

I have a spot on the Guadalupe River by a boat ramp. Caught many of big fish there. Bass, Sunfish, Rios, and Catfish. Always nice having a good place to fish that is easy to get to and holds good quality fish. thumb

Congratulations to your friend on catching his first Flathead! hooked

Re: New PB blue cat - 04/17/21 06:57 AM

I went fishing with the same friend tonight, he says thank you for the congratulations, banker! Sounds like a good spot you have there!
Posted By: deucer02

Re: New PB blue cat - 04/20/21 12:23 AM

Congrats on the PB. Ya'll do look very happy!

Re: New PB blue cat - 04/20/21 06:18 AM

Thank you deucer, we were both very happy! He hadn't gone fishing in 8 years until this month, but after hooking into that flathead he bought a new pole and was out there again soon after woot
Posted By: KEGracing

Re: New PB blue cat - 04/20/21 08:08 PM

Fish like that will make you spend money... Congrats and keep up the good work!

Ken
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: New PB blue cat - 04/21/21 01:02 PM

Solid work fellas, solid work...

Re: New PB blue cat - 04/21/21 08:19 PM

Thank you Ken! That fish definitely had me thinking of making a few purchases to better handle fish that size, I didn't feel prepared one bit when it hit eeks

Thanks from the both of us Catfish Tim thumb
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: New PB blue cat - 04/22/21 01:23 AM

Congrats

Re: New PB blue cat - 04/22/21 06:40 PM

I appreciate it CHAMPION FISH! That fish has had me on the same dock every evening this week, but the only sizable fish coming out are wiper lately
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum