Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon April 9th

Posted By: Catfish Tim

Lavon April 9th - 04/09/21 07:13 PM

Good afternoon fellow catfish enthusiasts. My daughter had some time this morning so we made a little trip to the lake... Wind was iffy. Started seeing lightening and hearing thunder so we decided to stay close to home and fish the cove behind the marina. Got set up in one little inlet and soaked baits for 30 minutes with no luck. Moved out into a little deeper water and had a toad take down! fought him through the trees and got him in the boat. He went just shy of 25 pounds and we caught him on a tiny piece of bait. The head piece off of a 4" shad. We managed a handful of eaters after that. Then a cottonmouth casually swam by and my daughter was done. She is not a fan, if she could have, she would have called in an air strike.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lavon April 9th - 04/09/21 07:59 PM

Nice fish. cheers
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Lavon April 9th - 04/09/21 08:13 PM

Catfish Tim strikes again! cheers nice work amigo! We’ve been catching most of ours on small baits with shortened 1ft leaders last 3 trips. I still run some bigger stuff on 2-3ft leaders but 95% of our fish the last 3 trips have come off the small bait short leader rigs.
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Lavon April 9th - 04/10/21 07:02 PM

An air strike roflmao
Posted By: pop r

Re: Lavon April 9th - 04/11/21 02:33 AM

thumb Nice!
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Lavon April 9th - 04/11/21 10:17 PM

Great job Catfish Tim thumb
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Lavon April 9th - 04/12/21 01:11 AM

Awesome job Tim.
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: Lavon April 9th - 04/12/21 11:07 AM

Thanks y'all. Didn't get out Saturday. We were preping for a crawfish boil on Sunday. A good time was had by all. And Wyatt and I snuck in a short trip late Sunday afternoon!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum