Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon March 10th

Posted By: Catfish Tim

Lavon March 10th - 03/11/21 12:11 AM

Baccei Balls it was windy out there today! It's spring break this week so I took my grandson Gerry out with me. Left the marina and headed north to the Highland Park ramp area. Long haul but conditions weren't too bad. By the time we got up there the wind was howling. We ducked behind a point and soaked baits. We were in about 4 feet of water and the surface temp was 62 degrees! Managed a couple fish but the bite was slow. Was just ready to move and we hooked into a toad. Fought him for about 10 minutes but he ended up getting us snagged and breaking us off. Ended up with 4 fish on the day. Trying my hand at video editing. Hope you enjoy it. Tight lines y'all...

https://youtu.be/K9YKi6iIBjc
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Lavon March 10th - 03/11/21 01:00 AM

The Link is broken Tim. I went to your YouTube channel and watched it though. Cool video Amigo! That fish is gonna haunt you for a week!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lavon March 10th - 03/11/21 02:46 AM

thumb

Re: Lavon March 10th - 03/11/21 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊
The Link is broken Tim. I went to your YouTube channel and watched it though. Cool video Amigo! That fish is gonna haunt you for a week!

Thanks Chris. I think I got it now. Excuse the rookie video. I have a lot to learn there too. I have a new appreciation for the guys who do this all the time and do it well...
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Lavon March 10th - 03/11/21 02:57 PM

The video looks great Tim. Looks like you got the editing thing figured out too Amigo. Truth be told I thought the editing would be the hard part but it’s actually very easy. Capturing the exact moment when cool stuff happens is the tricky part. I’m cursed when it comes to GoPro. That thing never works when I need it to. Battery dies or it’s turned off when I hang a good one. I’ve lost a ton of fish this year fumbling around trying to hit record on the GoPro. Those things aren’t user friendly at all. I will probably put together a blooper video of all the toads I lost but I will have to bleep out quite a few curse words. Most of my best footage is from my iPhone which is 1000x easier for me to use than my GoPro. I just now figured out my GoPro is voice activated a few trips back so maybe I can get some better footage. Keep up the good work. Wish there were more guys on here who would put together some videos.
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Lavon March 10th - 03/11/21 07:01 PM

Good video, Tim thumb

Re: Lavon March 10th - 03/11/21 07:18 PM

Appreciate the vote of confidence Chris. You're right. Getting the footage you want it the hard part. I thought I was recording all the way back to the marina yesterday and I didn't have squat when I looked at the footage. I would have loved to show everyone the conditions we had getting back to the slip. My grandson said he was having fun and scared at the same time! Haha! Looks like the wind is going to be up through the weekend. Hope you get out there and tie in to some toads. I going back up to the shallows.
Posted By: taterpop

Re: Lavon March 10th - 03/11/21 11:52 PM

I enjoyed it, and you have a great deck hand there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum