Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon February 27th

Posted By: Catfish Tim

Lavon February 27th - 02/27/21 09:15 PM

Got out just after daylight. Started to drift. Barley enough wind to push us. Fog set in hard. Had to use the chart to get back to the marina. Went up in the shallows behind the marina and there was shad everywhere in less than 10 feet of water. All we could manage was one danged ol channel cat. Rain set in hard and we called it a day at about 11:00.

Just wasn't our weekend. Might try again tomorrow if the weather lets us. That's why they call it fishing and not catching... I hope y'all had better luck today than we did.
Posted By: Slick Rick ‘06

Re: Lavon February 27th - 02/27/21 09:52 PM

I am glad to hear that there was lots of shad. That will keep the hungry white bass and crappie growing big. Blues too. I have caught a few Blues on crappie jigs and minnows last year. Good luck tomorrow.
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Lavon February 27th - 02/27/21 10:17 PM

We only caught 6 dinks today Tim. We started out deep fishing around the bait stacks in 55-60 ft. There were so many fish stacked I couldn’t tell what was what. Fished another section of the channel in 42 ft and it was loaded but not a single bite. Decided to look shallow in the back of Lake Park cove and it was loaded with fish. Main lake was 44 and it was 46 up shallow. We caught 5 more dinks and called it a day. I’d go shallow tomorrow 100%
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lavon February 27th - 02/28/21 02:50 AM

A bad day on the water makes the good days a whole lot better! Nice post. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum