Texas Fishing Forum

Do jugs have to be white?

Posted By: ddeeds23

Do jugs have to be white? - 02/14/21 10:10 PM

I am from Oklahoma and have started fishing some of the lakes around DFW as I live here now.I have seen some old articles online stating the jugs must be white in color? Is this still the case? All of mine are red, blue and green..
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Do jugs have to be white? - 02/14/21 10:14 PM

I do not jug line fish and I think they do not have to be white. I do know that the anglers name, fishing license number, address, and phone number needs to be clearly marked on each jug. I could be wrong. I am sure someone will have the correct information for you. thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Do jugs have to be white? - 02/14/21 10:17 PM

welcome To the TFF! cheers

Re: Do jugs have to be white? - 02/14/21 10:26 PM

Thanks for the help!
Posted By: Catfish Lynn

Re: Do jugs have to be white? - 02/14/21 11:17 PM

If not mistaken, now the jugs can be any color, EXCEPT orange which is designated for commercial fishermen. It used to be white only but that ruling has changed within the last few years. But, more data must be put on the jug, other than name & address & date set out (now it is only good for a certain amount of days). I don't think you have to post your phone number, as that would almost be as bad as Drivers License for someone to use in ID theft or harassment. Speaking mainly of your TP&W number on your license. I have not had a chance to review to see which of the numbers I used back in August, as there is two (at least) listed on them. Check TP&W online for the rules, as they do not seem to publish a printed edition anymore. Sadly, everything is going digital. Printed items are always handy, don't need electricity, batteries, phone, phone line, internet, satellite or such.
Posted By: RBDavis3591

Re: Do jugs have to be white? - 02/15/21 12:25 AM

TPWD Fishing Regulations PDF Page 4

Re: Do jugs have to be white? - 02/15/21 02:56 PM

thanks everyone!
Posted By: FishinGlenn

Re: Do jugs have to be white? - 02/15/21 07:39 PM

Welcome to Texas. Let's go jugging!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum