Texas Fishing Forum

Running out of Grandkids

Posted By: Catfish Tim

Running out of Grandkids - 02/06/21 06:05 PM

Another weekend...another grandkid ruined! My granddaughter Hailey Jo went out with me this morning. Not the nicest day. spitting rain (pretty sure the weatherman didn't say anything about that). Wind was ok to start with, then it came up pretty strong. Hard to drift with the sock I have. was running about .6 which is a little too fast, would like to be .3-.5. Bait was hiding today. Looked deep and couldn't find any. finally found them in about 20' of water. Caught enough 6 to 8 inch gizzards to get going and started drifting.

Had a couple nibbles and then a drag screamin, rod bendin, grab it before it breaks takedown. Jo said you get it Poppy. He's too big for me! We managed to get him in the boat. He was 33 pounds! That just beat her momma's PB by 1 pound. She gets the credit and her picture is gonna go on the braggin board.

[Linked Image]
IT was all she could to to hold it on her lap.
[Linked Image]
She was not real fond of the slime. I told her it was great to be slimed like that. That meant we were having a good day. She disagreed...
[Linked Image]
I think she had a good time. She was wore out anyway.
[Linked Image]
And we have one more picture to add to the board.
Posted By: Beak47

Re: Running out of Grandkids - 02/06/21 06:12 PM

She just looks like a real fisherman! Congrats to both of you!
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Running out of Grandkids - 02/06/21 06:15 PM

That’s a toad! Way to go Tim! Several of my buddies got their tails handed to em this morning on Lewisville. I’m fishing tomorrow with my wife so I need to produce.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Running out of Grandkids - 02/06/21 07:41 PM

Well done. thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Running out of Grandkids - 02/06/21 11:00 PM

Awesome Post. Good job Sir ! cheers

Side Note: Some Lifetime Memories Made. thumb
Posted By: TAKIN DRAG ATX

Re: Running out of Grandkids - 02/07/21 01:26 AM

Congrats buddy thumb
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Running out of Grandkids - 02/07/21 03:07 AM

Wow that is just awesome and I love that braggin' board thumb
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Running out of Grandkids - 02/07/21 02:50 PM

Excellent job Tim. We fish Twok yesterday and got it handed to us. Graphed some really good fish but could not get a big bite all day. Box fish all day. Biggest was around 9 #
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: Running out of Grandkids - 02/08/21 12:25 AM

That’s about the cutest fisherwoman I’ve ever seen ! Congrats thumb
Posted By: ggoytia

Re: Running out of Grandkids - 02/09/21 08:26 AM

Excellent post.đź‘Ť
Posted By: FlyFX

Re: Running out of Grandkids - 02/09/21 11:45 AM

banana rock
Posted By: BlueSkeeter13

Re: Running out of Grandkids - 02/09/21 03:40 PM

Great post sir. I love your outlook on things. My grandson caught his first fish (perch) this weekend and he's 2 and half years old. Looking forward to having a long-time fishing buddy there! Keep it up sir!
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: Running out of Grandkids - 02/09/21 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by BlueSkeeter13
Great post sir. I love your outlook on things. My grandson caught his first fish (perch) this weekend and he's 2 and half years old. Looking forward to having a long-time fishing buddy there! Keep it up sir!

You will have more fun watching them catch fish than catching them yourself, I guarantee it!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum