Texas Fishing Forum

Solid weight storage

Posted By: G Love

Solid weight storage - 01/27/21 08:53 PM

For the last 15 years I've gone through enough of the clear flat tackle boxes to pay for a new Solix. Weights just destroy them. I'm also hard on equipment. What do yall use that works for storing weights with out leaving them in a bucket on the boat?
Posted By: FlyFX

Re: Solid weight storage - 01/27/21 09:20 PM

ammo box with diy dividers,
Posted By: Naut Now

Re: Solid weight storage - 01/27/21 09:53 PM

Had the same problem. Now, I keep my no rolls in a 20oz Gatorade bottle. It fits about anywhere (I.e. tackle bag, compartment, cup holder, bucket, etc.).

Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Solid weight storage - 01/28/21 12:26 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I like Jimmy’s Gatorade bottles idea. I’ve been using the Plano waterproof stowaway trays for many years and they hold up great for me. I like em cuz they fit into the storage bins in my boat built for trays I buy my slinky in bulk once a year and I keep them in a plastic ammo box . I rarely retie a rig while on the water though. I carry enough back up rods so that I’m not having to re-tie while I’m on the water.
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Solid weight storage - 01/28/21 12:40 AM

Craftsman Versastack. Best tackle organizer out there. You can make unlimited amounts of drawers, with a flip top box up top. Drawers are also roller bearing. VERY Heavy duty, and very well constructed. I'm a little low on weights and the rest of my terminal tackle at the moment, but it holds plenty of them. I keep my homemade drifting sinkers in a plastic ammo box. Ignore the cat and the dog....lol

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Solid weight storage - 01/28/21 01:31 AM

I use a tool bag from Lowe’s or Home Depot. They have several pockets on them but I also use heavy duty ziplocks to organize. Tool bags are a lot heavier dirt than tackle bags
Posted By: G Love

Re: Solid weight storage - 01/28/21 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by z289sec
Craftsman Versastack. Best tackle organizer out there. You can make unlimited amounts of drawers, with a flip top box up top. Drawers are also roller bearing. VERY Heavy duty, and very well constructed. I'm a little low on weights and the rest of my terminal tackle at the moment, but it holds plenty of them. I keep my homemade drifting sinkers in a plastic ammo box. Ignore the cat and the dog....lol

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I like
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum