Chicken and koolaid.? - 01/03/21 04:56 PM

Anyone want to share their recipe?

White or dark make a difference?

Will garlic help or hurt?

Thanks
Mo
Posted By: FlyFX

Re: Chicken and koolaid.? - 01/03/21 05:31 PM

Most I know use breast, easier or better, don't know. they do like garlic, anise or licorice sometime.
I have used all parts of the bird and can't tell the difference.
Think it has more to do with the scent trail and the mood of the fish
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Chicken and koolaid.? - 01/03/21 07:00 PM

I use chicken breast cut into fairly large chunks, like a 1 inch wide, 2 inch long piece. Get about a 3rd of a gallon freezer bag full, and add a packet of Cherry Jello. Keep it in the fridge for a couple days, flipping it over a couple times a day, to get it all saturated. I do add both Real Vanilla, and minced garlic in oil, to mine....... garlic in one batch, vanilla in the other. After a couple days, break it up into a dozen or so pieces per qt. freezer bag, and freeze.

That's the way I do mine. Using Jello, instead of Koolaid, also toughens the meat, and makes it harder to get off the hook.
Posted By: KEGracing

Re: Chicken and koolaid.? - 01/03/21 08:45 PM

I have been buying fresh boneless chicken breast at Albertsons lately for 99 cents per pound on sale. Doing a lot like Z28... Take a couple of pounds and cut into different size chunks and also some strips, some larger some smaller, some large thin to flutter on the hook, etc. I have been using a large box of strawberry jello to about 2 lbs of chicken. Put in a gallon bag, and in fridge and shake every day for 2-3 days. Have used garlic paste in one bag also. Then break into smaller bags and freeze.

Has been working good, along side fresh shad. Fish seem to like a choice I guess...

Good luck.
Ken
Posted By: Southtxangler22

Re: Chicken and koolaid.? - 01/04/21 02:34 AM

Never added a single thing to Chicken Breast. Works great for all sizes of fish. I can buy it on the way to the lake. Just cut it into chunks and use it! Crazy how big of blues will eat a 2” cube of plain chicken.
Posted By: BlueTuna

Re: Chicken and koolaid.? - 01/05/21 02:41 AM

Followed a recipe of chicken and lime green koolaid and caught lots of small catfish. Thanks for the tip above about jello toughing up the chicken.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Chicken and koolaid.? - 01/05/21 03:25 PM

I have tried the chicken and not had much luck, caught a few but never seemed better or even close to fresh shad...

That said, when I have used it I do not add seasoning and the reason why is if I dont catch any fish I still have something for supper!
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: Chicken and koolaid.? - 01/05/21 10:06 PM

Call Chicken Lovers with Kool-Aid on it go to YouTube and watch Dieter melhorn's latest video

Re: Chicken and koolaid.? - 01/05/21 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Big Sam
Call Chicken Lovers with Kool-Aid on it go to YouTube and watch Dieter melhorn's latest video

That fish is a hog, watched it yesterday.
Posted By: ladybluearm

Re: Chicken and koolaid.? - 01/11/21 04:58 AM

We don’t use chicken but we take a package of cheap wieners mix garlic and red jello, works great, also use deer liver.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Chicken and koolaid.? - 01/12/21 04:01 AM

Whatever it takes to get them to bite.
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Chicken and koolaid.? - 04/12/21 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by KEGracing
I have been buying fresh boneless chicken breast at Albertsons lately for 99 cents per pound on sale. Doing a lot like Z28... Take a couple of pounds and cut into different size chunks and also some strips, some larger some smaller, some large thin to flutter on the hook, etc. I have been using a large box of strawberry jello to about 2 lbs of chicken. Put in a gallon bag, and in fridge and shake every day for 2-3 days. Have used garlic paste in one bag also. Then break into smaller bags and freeze.

Has been working good, along side fresh shad. Fish seem to like a choice I guess...

Good luck.
Ken

Mix water with the Jello or just straight jello?

Re: Chicken and koolaid.? - 04/12/21 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by deucer02
Originally Posted by KEGracing

Good luck.
Ken

Mix water with the Jello or just straight jello?

Straight, pulls the moisture from the chicken.
Posted By: dcamp

Re: Chicken and koolaid.? - 04/13/21 04:13 AM

been using chicken gizzards with strawberry jello lately, Gizzards are a lot harder to knock off the hook( and cheaper ), seems to be working about as well as the chicken breast.
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Chicken and koolaid.? - 04/13/21 06:41 PM

Chicken gizards and livers were what I started fishing for catfish with. Did well many times.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum