Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville 12-26

Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Lewisville 12-26 - 12/26/20 10:49 PM

Got out and pulled boards with my 5 yr old first mate. Bait was easy in 30 ft. Found gizzards stacked in 30 ft for half a mile but the big fish weren’t with them so kept on moving. Found another pile of gizzards in 28 ft 500 yards long and no big fish around them either. Moved up into 22 ft and found gizzards piled up but no big fish with em. Moved up the lake to the bottom of a ledge in 18 ft and found a big pile of threads with tons of small sandbass around em and loads of toads following em. We caught several teeners, a handful of 20, and a 33 lb big fish. We also caught a dozen 10 lbrs and 10 eaters. Even caught a 10 lb channel on a big 9” bait with a stinger hook. We missed a bunch of big fish again today. I fought several toads that would have gone over 40 but lost em both. That’s fishing! All my catfishing buddies that fished today caught big fish in 10-48 ft. texas
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/26/20 11:49 PM

Good showing!
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/27/20 12:17 AM

thumb
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/27/20 12:31 AM

Great job. We got out today and pulled boards for about 3.5 hours and all we had to show was 4 box fish about a 5# hybrid. Big baits were hard for me to find today. Lots of 6-8 gizzards. Marked good fish in 28-32 feet but they didn’t want to play. We went as shallow as 8 feet but didn’t mark much any shallower than 24 feet.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/27/20 01:03 AM

Solid post and solid fish. As always good job. thumb
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/27/20 02:11 AM

That looks just like an island at texoma!!!

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/27/20 02:15 AM

That’s fish hatchery cove Tom. What you think is an island is the east side of the south cut. You’d think you’d recognize your own lake. Lmao! I fished next to Kurtis all day. We traded fish pics back and forth all morning.
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/27/20 02:25 AM

roflmao
Posted By: DEWAYNE BULLARD

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/27/20 03:45 AM

Nice trip !
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/27/20 04:00 PM

Woo wee that sure did sound and look like fun banana.... I would have gone out there to try my planer boards but Mama wasn't feeling good due to kidney stones going to try to get out there sometime this coming week!! again great job you and little man thumb
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/27/20 05:04 PM

Thats dope man!

BIG channel catfish! I like to see those. Props.
Posted By: KEGracing

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/27/20 08:15 PM

Nice work - great pictures.

We played some yesterday, but was slow. Found tons of bait, and marked fish, but just slow bites. Fished 10-25' and just a few eaters to show. Only good take down on a big bait did not hook up. Had fun with son and wife.

Did throw the cast net on top of a school of baby cats by mistake while getting bait... that was a mistake. Royal pain trying to get 20 sharp spine little 4" - 8" devils out of my cast net. LOL

Had planned to fish today, but wind changed my mind.

Take care all
Ken
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/27/20 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by KEGracing
Nice work - great pictures.

We played some yesterday, but was slow. Found tons of bait, and marked fish, but just slow bites. Fished 10-25' and just a few eaters to show. Only good take down on a big bait did not hook up. Had fun with son and wife.

Did throw the cast net on top of a school of baby cats by mistake while getting bait... that was a mistake. Royal pain trying to get 20 sharp spine little 4" - 8" devils out of my cast net. LOL

Had planned to fish today, but wind changed my mind.

Take care all
Ken

What kind of catfish? Blues?
Posted By: Beak47

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/27/20 11:21 PM

That is some hogs! Way to go.
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/28/20 12:08 AM

Obviously, yall found some areas out of the wind in the correct depth. Judging by the looks of the water. That was a win in itself. Nice fish too.

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/28/20 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by z289sec
Obviously, yall found some areas out of the wind in the correct depth. Judging by the looks of the water. That was a win in itself. Nice fish too.

We fished the rollers. I love big wind pre front and I head right out into the heart of it. I don’t recommend doing it for most guys cuz it’s dangerous but I been doing it forever. I’m usually the only boat at the ramp on days like today and yesterday. I got a heavy Bay Boat so it was built for it. We moved several miles south to protected water to button down and take a few pics before crossing the open water in the main lake to head back to the ramp. I got Sherlock Holmes potlicking my fish pics so I deploy a few smoke screens to throw em off my trail. There were several guys pulling boards this morning through the area I posted the pics at yesterday so I know it’s working. Lmao!
Posted By: K_Dean

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/28/20 01:08 PM

Your style must be catching on. I haven’t seen anyone else using boards on Lew. I’m about to hookup and see if I can find em. Sherlock will be disappointed if he follows me!

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/29/20 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊
Originally Posted by z289sec

We fished the rollers. I love big wind pre front and I head right out into the heart of it. I don’t recommend doing it for most guys cuz it’s dangerous but I been doing it forever. I’m usually the only boat at the ramp on days like today and yesterday. I got a heavy Bay Boat so it was built for it. We moved several miles south to protected water to button down and take a few pics before crossing the open water in the main lake to head back to the ramp. I got Sherlock Holmes potlicking my fish pics so I deploy a few smoke screens to throw em off my trail. There were several guys pulling boards this morning through the area I posted the pics at yesterday so I know it’s working. Lmao!

I just didn't have enough drift sock to slow me down. With my 5 foot drift sock out, the slowest we could get was 1.2. Tried spotlock, full speed and still drifted. Tried anchoring, but didn't have my box anchor, so nothing would hold. It was ridiculous.

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/29/20 02:54 PM

You need some bigger drift socks. I started running everything out the back about 10 yrs ago. In that 20 mph wind I run (2) 78” drift socks out the back. The initial reason I started fishing out the back of the boat is because it’s a smaller silhouette to catch the wind so you drift slower on big wind days. The second reason I started drifting out the back is because it’s a much more stable platform to fish on when the rollers are rocking the boat. The 3rd reason I started fishing out the back is so I can have better boat control while pulling boards. I fish in even bigger wind than 20 mph and sometimes I use (3) 78” drift socks to slow me to down to where I need to be. I also have a 10 ft drift sock but I’ve only used it a few times in 30mph wind but that is a little too much wind for my liking. 12-25 mph wind is what I prefer to fish in. 🌊🌊🌊 texas 🌊🌊🌊

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/30/20 02:16 AM

Unfortunately, i use a Pontoon boat, so I gotta fish out the side, to drift. I can troll out of the back. But drifting with a pontoon is like putting up a sail. LOL
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/30/20 06:05 PM

Solid work friend! I love seeing the little guys with a lap full of catfish!

Re: Lewisville 12-26 - 12/30/20 08:19 PM

Welcome home Tim! cheers If you like seeing little guys with laps full of catfish then you came to the right place amigo! I try and keep my 5 yr old fishing partner slimed up good every weekend.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum