Texas Fishing Forum

Help on Ray Bob

Posted By: z289sec

Help on Ray Bob - 11/27/20 09:30 PM

Gonna try and head up to Ray Roberts Sunday, and on the times I've been there before, seems like on the way to fish the timber, inevitably, I'll hit a random stump well before i get to the timber. I know it's a fairly common occurrence there. So, two questions.

1. is there a fairly clear field getting into the trees where the cormorants roost, say, up by Buck, Johnson, or Jordan. In other words, is one better than the other, so I don't have to go 1 mile an hour, with someone up front on lookout, when I'm still a 1/4 mile from the trees?

or

2. Is there a good app for either phone, or Elite TI2, that shows dependable boat lanes?

I am in a pontoon, so more of my boat is probably in the water than most. Already clobbered a stump with one prop, would really like to try to not do that again.
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Help on Ray Bob - 11/28/20 02:33 AM

The navionics app you can get on your phone or map card for your electronics.
You can follow the channel markings from wolf island all the way back.
Get in the timber and when you see broke up bait in the channel bends,
Stop and fish it
Posted By: Shadslayer69

Re: Help on Ray Bob - 11/30/20 05:46 PM

How did the trip turn out Z?
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Help on Ray Bob - 11/30/20 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Shadslayer69
How did the trip turn out Z?

Marked stacks, and stacks of sandies or hybrids, and tons of catfish. All in 20-25 foot, surrounded by huge bait balls, none of them busted up. Couldn't buy a bite. Colder than was forecasted when we got there, more wind than was forecasted, then, it started to rain with a line moving in from Gainesville. We gave up after about three hours, when it started to rain.
Posted By: Shadslayer69

Re: Help on Ray Bob - 11/30/20 06:59 PM

Dang, thats disappointing. I have plenty of those days on roberts. Hopefully they will turn on in the next 2 weeks when I'm back down!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum