Texas Fishing Forum

Rattle / Sound

Posted By: Holzer

Rattle / Sound - 11/25/20 04:37 PM

1 - What is the cheapest thing to use to attach to your line to create sound?

2 - What is the best thing to use to attach to your line to create sound?

Or, it really doesn't matter. Anything attached that makes "some sound" will work well.
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Rattle / Sound - 11/26/20 01:44 AM

Those inline rattles from Whisker Seeker and others work great.
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Rattle / Sound - 11/26/20 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by z289sec
Those inline rattles from Whisker Seeker and others work great.

Oh good question Holzer definitely following this post!!
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: Rattle / Sound - 11/27/20 01:18 PM

I just ordered some from Whisker Seeker. I got the 5 pack. Gonna see if it helps
Posted By: šŸ€El Gato AzulšŸ€

Re: Rattle / Sound - 12/01/20 01:01 PM

The versa 2 is junk. They leak and fill with water which makes the beads rust and quit rattling. Take a look at yours after running em for a month and I bet half of not all are rusted and not working. They were designed for guys that fish current in rivers.

Re: Rattle / Sound - 12/01/20 02:49 PM

OK, so far I've heard about Whisker Seeker tackle. Others?
But anyone make a rattle, or modify a lure for the purpose of creating noise on your rig?

Re: Rattle / Sound - 12/01/20 03:29 PM

I used glass beads before rattles were a thing. I rigged em like a popping cork. You can use the cheap rattles designed to put on a bass jig. I used to get Zara spooks and torpedos at garage sales and rig em as my rattling floats and those got slot of laughs back in the day . Now they call em Demon Dragons and nobody is laughing at em now. Fire water Marine and drift stix make a rattling dragging weight too.
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: Rattle / Sound - 12/01/20 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by šŸŒŠEl Gato AzulšŸŒŠ
The versa 2 is junk. They leak and fill with water which makes the beads rust and quit rattling. Take a look at yours after running em for a month and I bet half of not all are rusted and not working. They were designed for guys that fish current in rivers.

eeks

I thought they improved them to be better
It was less than 4 bucks so if they stink that is ok

Re: Rattle / Sound - 12/01/20 04:28 PM

WS sent replacement versa 2s and they did the exact same thing. Takes a considerable amount of time to tie up 10 rigs and then half donā€™t work. When you fish with them Bentman, check em out closely after fishing with them. If they have water inside the rattle they arenā€™t rattling at all while fishing and are useless. If they leak they rust. If they rust they are useless. The regular Versas work good though.

Re: Rattle / Sound - 12/01/20 04:50 PM

I buy a ton of Whisker Seeker and Iā€™ve had some issues with several different products but they always stand behind their products and make it right.
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Rattle / Sound - 12/01/20 05:13 PM

Live rattlesnakes..............

Re: Rattle / Sound - 12/01/20 05:46 PM

The versa two aren't really made for drifting for catfish anyway, unless you're in heavy current. In a reservoir the originals are what you should be using.

Re: Rattle / Sound - 12/01/20 05:48 PM

I buy a ton of Whisker Seeker and Iā€™ve had some issues with several different products but they always stand behind their products and make it right.

All I buy, for catfishing. Never had a problem, and their triple threat hooks are outstanding. Their shipping time is impossible to beat. Always ship out the day of or after, and I have it two days later. Just using standard usps.

Re: Rattle / Sound - 12/01/20 06:15 PM

Your lucky Z. Iā€™ve been using them since they were a fledgling company and I can tell you from first hand experience they have had some quality control issues with gen 1 products. The first gen versas I bought 5 yrs ago came apart at the seems. Gen 2 versas resolved the issue. The first gen scales had a magnet on the battery door to hold the hook. Magnets and batteries donā€™t mix and it would drain your battery quick. Gen 2 scale no magnet. Iā€™ve had eyes pop out of the gen 1 rods and Iā€™ve had the skin come off one of the rods first time I fished with it. Versa 2 issue I gave up on after I realized they donā€™t work. All issues resolved quick and easy by their great customer service though. Iā€™m still a satisfied customer.

Re: Rattle / Sound - 12/02/20 03:30 AM

Your lucky Z. Iā€™ve been using them since they were a fledgling company and I can tell you from first hand experience they have had some quality control issues with gen 1 products. The first gen versas I bought 5 yrs ago came apart at the seems. Gen 2 versas resolved the issue. The first gen scales had a magnet on the battery door to hold the hook. Magnets and batteries donā€™t mix and it would drain your battery quick. Gen 2 scale no magnet. Iā€™ve had eyes pop out of the gen 1 rods and Iā€™ve had the skin come off one of the rods first time I fished with it. Versa 2 issue I gave up on after I realized they donā€™t work. All issues resolved quick and easy by their great customer service though. Iā€™m still a satisfied customer.

I've only been using them a little over a year now, and I only get terminal tackle from them......and their mono line.

Re: Rattle / Sound - 12/02/20 03:04 PM

I used glass beads before rattles were a thing. I rigged em like a popping cork. You can use the cheap rattles designed to put on a bass jig. I used to get Zara spooks and torpedos at garage sales and rig em as my rattling floats and those got slot of laughs back in the day . Now they call em Demon Dragons and nobody is laughing at em now. Fire water Marine and drift stix make a rattling dragging weight too.

thumb
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Rattle / Sound - 12/02/20 06:37 PM

I order mine from Catfish Sumo. They come is a variety of colors and hold up long enough for me to lose them in the rocks. His Catfish Sumo spoons are my go to bait for catching skipjacks and sandbass.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum