Texas Fishing Forum

Small Boys and Large Catfish

Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Small Boys and Large Catfish - 11/14/20 10:46 PM

Got out and pulled boards this morning with my 4 yr old first mate, one of my buddies, and his son. We pulled some absolutely massive 2 lb baits today looking for something special. Fishing was tough and I really had to get on the graph and hound dog em but we finally found some good fish. We got lucky and hung 3 boat pullers this morning and blew a couple of kids minds in the process. They both got a chance to feel what a monster pulls like but ultimately I had to take over and get em in. We got blown off the lake around 1. We’re off to our best start ever amigos! texas [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Small Boys and Large Catfish - 11/14/20 11:00 PM

Good job chris. Nice meeting you. Maybe one day we can get the kids together. We didn’t have near the day y’all did but my boy got his new PB of 12# he was excited
Posted By: Beak47

Re: Small Boys and Large Catfish - 11/14/20 11:17 PM

Beautiful blue kitties
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Small Boys and Large Catfish - 11/14/20 11:19 PM

Nice fish, and no doubt, a great time for the kids.
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Small Boys and Large Catfish - 11/14/20 11:27 PM

Great job !

Re: Small Boys and Large Catfish - 11/15/20 12:34 AM

Thanks fellas! cheers It was good to finally meet y’all Matt. I feel like your my brother from another mother after all our TFF conversations over the last 3 yrs. Let’s definitely get the boys together this winter! We’re always down to fish. I will bring the bait and we can jump on that slick catfishn machine of yours...
Posted By: Brickmaker

Re: Small Boys and Large Catfish - 11/15/20 02:19 AM

Nice fish..
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Small Boys and Large Catfish - 11/15/20 02:23 AM

Totally AWESOME ! thumb
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Small Boys and Large Catfish - 11/15/20 03:18 AM

thumb great fish there
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Small Boys and Large Catfish - 11/15/20 01:51 PM

Yessir sounds like a plan
Posted By: hornedfrog

Re: Small Boys and Large Catfish - 11/15/20 03:45 PM

terrific! Hey what kind of boat are yu fishing from?
Posted By: Catfish Lynn

Re: Small Boys and Large Catfish - 11/15/20 04:58 PM

Not bad for a BC day!!! Congrats to the 4 of you!!!

Glad you got out of there before the wind took you out. I have had those days, caught out in the middle of the bottom of Lake Limestone on the far side with a slipping prop (25 HP Evinrude) & a small back up motor (Johnson 3.5 HP) that kept dying out due to the boat going up & down with some serious waves. I was by myself.

Once we had wind so high, it broke my 1/4" solid braid line tied to the pier, but luckily it drifted into a pocket by the ramp & pier there. My mistake in wading it back to the pier, as finally it was so bad, it rolled it over right there. But we made it out safe, later than planned.

Of course now, after that, I built a raised front deck, along with fence planks (with silicone & brackets) around the top of the boat, to shield from high winds with the 14' Monark flat bottom. Then we set up two bilge pumps, along with a back up bait aerator if needed. Not to forget, a manual empty 5 gallon bucket, to boot (or I should say to bale).
Posted By: KEGracing

Re: Small Boys and Large Catfish - 11/15/20 05:03 PM

Nice job sir! Some forever memories made for sure!

Ken
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Small Boys and Large Catfish - 11/15/20 10:46 PM

That is a heck of a trip for those kids, you can tell Jaxon really wants to hold the fish but he's on cloud nine in the second picture thumb I am already making up drag weights and Stinger hooks LOL hammer

Re: Small Boys and Large Catfish - 11/16/20 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by hornedfrog
terrific! Hey what kind of boat are yu fishing from?

The War Machine is an 04’ Polar 2310

Re: Small Boys and Large Catfish - 11/16/20 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊
Originally Posted by serj5150
That is a heck of a trip for those kids, you can tell Jaxon really wants to hold the fish but he's on cloud nine in the second picture thumb I am already making up drag weights and Stinger hooks LOL hammer

We got lucky again Fredo. We didn’t catch many but the ones we did catch will be burnt into the minds of those boys forever. It’s definitely time to put the crappie poles down and start hunting for some big [censored] baits amigo.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Small Boys and Large Catfish - 11/16/20 06:13 PM

I knew I would come here and see you got on them. I got skunked on Saturday. Even the gar didn't want to play. I'll be glad when TVA turns the spigot off and stops draining the lakes. 70k release (10 gates) makes it hard to fish with that much current.
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: Small Boys and Large Catfish - 11/16/20 06:31 PM

Nice fish cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum