Texas Fishing Forum

Flathead spots near-ish Dallas

Posted By: darthty33

Flathead spots near-ish Dallas - 10/30/20 07:39 PM

Me and my buddy will likely be crappie fishing soon but they aren't in my creeks quite yet, I'd like to get a good catfishing trip in before we switch species and preferably some flats. Any spots you'd recommend? I'm in Ellis county but don't mind driving a little.
Posted By: Catfish Lynn

Re: Flathead spots near-ish Dallas - 10/31/20 12:00 AM

I can't say as to where up in that area. But, I can help you as to when best to try to catch Yellows (Flatheads). See my calendar in the thread titled "Lynn's Catfish Calendar" which I think is still on page 2 of the listings in Catfishing section currently. I'll be posting the November calendar over the weekend. Several bass fishermen use it to catch Yellows.

Here is the 2020 thread URL here on the TFF ...
2020 <https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/13397571/1>
Posted By: jackiekennedyfishingguide

Re: Flathead spots near-ish Dallas - 10/31/20 10:46 AM

From an older yellow cat fisherman "Navarro Mills and Aquilla would be his choice if he had to go catch one. He was a line fisherman and set his in shallow water, very shallow
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Flathead spots near-ish Dallas - 11/04/20 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by darthty33
Me and my buddy will likely be crappie fishing soon but they aren't in my creeks quite yet, I'd like to get a good catfishing trip in before we switch species and preferably some flats. Any spots you'd recommend? I'm in Ellis county but don't mind driving a little.

I have caught some smaller (10lbs or less) flatties in the creek that feeds Waxahachie lake, the one that goes under I-35.
Live sunfish was what got them-
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum