Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville 10-25

Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Lewisville 10-25 - 10/25/20 08:44 PM

Pulled boards this morning with my 4 yr old fishing partner. We spent most of the morning scanning for fish. Water was 66-69 and everything was scattered. We looked in 5 ft out to 45 ft and only managed 3 dinks before noon. Decided to go check some areas I don’t usually look this time of year and got lucky. Found gizzard shad grouped up real good in 4-15 ft in the back of main lake cove. Made 2 drifts through em and caught 16 more with our big fish going 15 lbs. I had a double takedown and lost a 25 lbr at the boat that got hung up in the drift sock. The cold weather this week should get the water into the 50s and make the fish to group up better. texas

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: pop r

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/25/20 09:26 PM

Nice job guys! thumb
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/25/20 11:41 PM

Good job. Way to look out of the ordinary. Looks like it paid off
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/26/20 12:39 AM

Great job. That’s a ton of Shad. Looks like that cat has been feeding on a bunch by the size of his gut
Posted By: Brickmaker

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/26/20 01:18 AM

Nice catch.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/26/20 01:53 AM

Solid post and fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/26/20 02:26 AM

Way to go, guys! thumb

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/26/20 04:09 AM

Thanks amigos! cheers We fished pretty hard and I was proud my boy was able to hang tough for a full day. We graphed for hours before we ever got a line wet and he never complained a bit. My fishing buddies complain more about the time I spend scanning then my son. All of the time we’ve spent on the water the last few years has really started to pay off. Im pumped that Jax is finally gonna be able to go winter fishing. Can’t wait to see my son hugging a 50 lbr. texas
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/26/20 01:21 PM

Very nice. We decided to skip the catfish and try for crappie on Saturday. The first fish in the boat was a 5 lb flathead. Once the disease takes hold, there is no cure.
Posted By: DEWAYNE BULLARD

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/26/20 01:49 PM

Nice work!
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/26/20 01:59 PM

Well done!! thumb
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/26/20 06:56 PM

You need to be careful, if you keep that up your son is going to be out fishing you very soon. You are creating some wonderful memories he will never forget. thumb

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/26/20 07:41 PM

I told my son I needed a first mate to help out with boat duties and I asked him if he knew anybody who was willing to help dad out that was good at getting bait in and out of the bucket, keeping the boat picked up, and anything else Captain Dad needed while fishing. I told him it didn’t pay much and wages were given out in candy form. He told me “you better not ask anyone Dad! I want to be first mate! I can do all those things!” I told him the job was his for as long as he wanted it but that someday I expect him to be Captain Jax and Dad the first mate. That was a big moment for both of us and one that I will always remember. There is so much more you get out of fishing than actually catching fish.
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/26/20 08:09 PM

roflmao

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/26/20 08:42 PM

Good job captain
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/27/20 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊
I told my son I needed a first mate to help out with boat duties and I asked him if he knew anybody who was willing to help dad out that was good at getting bait in and out of the bucket, keeping the boat picked up, and anything else Captain Dad needed while fishing. I told him it didn’t pay much and wages were given out in candy form. He told me “you better not ask anyone Dad! I want to be first mate! I can do all those things!” I told him the job was his for as long as he wanted it but that someday I expect him to be Captain Jax and Dad the first mate. That was a big moment for both of us and one that I will always remember. There is so much more you get out of fishing than actually catching fish.

Man that is just awesome right there El Gato thumb also I can't wait to see pictures of Jax holding up a trophy cat banana
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/27/20 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊

That is a great story! Enjoy him while he is there. They grow up really fast. cheers
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/28/20 07:22 PM

you are gonna be lost when you partner has to go to school 5 days a week! better start looking into home school!

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/28/20 08:02 PM

We have my son in pre-k 5 days a week now. Little dude can already read and he’s not quite 5. Now if I can just get him throwing the deep net we’ll really be on to something...

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/28/20 08:11 PM

Chris what better did you buy Jax a while back? My boy wants one to learn

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/28/20 08:22 PM

Better? If you meant cast net I bought it off Amazon Matt. Perfect size for a little guy to learn.
https://www.amazon.com/Betts-Buddy-Chartreuse-Net-Mesh/dp/B0084EG36Y

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/28/20 08:34 PM

Here is the video of my sons first time catching bait this spring. That day is burned into my brain forever Matt.

4yr old throwing cast net.

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 10/28/20 10:17 PM

Not sure why I said better. Lmao. My boy had a bad dream last night so I am running from fumes.

That video is awesome. I showed it to him back when you posted it and he brings it up every now and then and asks me when I am going to buy him a net like that other little boy. Lol. Makes me smile when he shows interest in fishing and hunting .

I think I will surprise him with one for Christmas.
Posted By: flee fly

Re: Lewisville 10-25 - 11/02/20 01:00 PM

Great job sir
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum