Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Granbury

Posted By: elvisp_bucks

Lake Granbury - 10/07/20 08:22 PM

Does Granbury have many catfish? Does anyone fish it? I want to take my kid fishing and he doesn't care what we catch. Catfish, crappie whatever. I planned to tie up to trees and drop minnows or stinkbait. What do the experts recommend?
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Lake Granbury - 10/09/20 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by elvisp_bucks
Does Granbury have many catfish? Does anyone fish it? I want to take my kid fishing and he doesn't care what we catch. Catfish, crappie whatever. I planned to tie up to trees and drop minnows or stinkbait. What do the experts recommend?

Caught some nice channels fishing striper alley, using smallish shad.
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: Lake Granbury - 10/09/20 01:42 PM

I want to try Grandbury as well. Never fished it and I would have no clue where to try .I have no clue where striper alley is
Posted By: k close

Re: Lake Granbury - 10/09/20 03:30 PM

I'm no expert but we fished there back in August. Tied up to bridge columns at the 377 bridge and fished the river channel. Caught plenty of eating size channel cats on minnows and night crawlers. Hope this helps
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Lake Granbury - 10/09/20 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by k close
I'm no expert but we fished there back in August. Tied up to bridge columns at the 377 bridge and fished the river channel. Caught plenty of eating size channel cats on minnows and night crawlers. Hope this helps

This advice is right on. Also Hunter park around the 51 bridge is good.
Posted By: elvisp_bucks

Re: Lake Granbury - 10/12/20 04:11 PM

Thank you guys very much. I really appreciate the help
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum