Texas Fishing Forum

Juglines for Lake Livingston

Posted By: troutmauler

Juglines for Lake Livingston - 09/22/20 01:53 AM

Going to be staying at Lake Livingston this weekend 9/25, we plan on setting out some weighted juglines. We will be staying near the Kickapoo Creek area. Any tips such as depths, general areas, etc will be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Catfish Lynn

Re: Juglines for Lake Livingston - 09/22/20 02:37 AM

Not sure of the area there. But, as to my Catfish Calendar, BC for Fri 25th, BFT for both Sat/Sun 26/27 which is BlueCat & Buffet.

My thoughts, are if you get there & are able to set out before or just at dark, use baits geared for BlueCats, even up to Noon Saturday. From there, I would say main focus might be on ChannelCats. If you are staying thru at least Monday AM, bait for Yellows & Blues, as the calendar is YC/YC/BC for Mon-Wed 28-30. But it is a 3 day run for Yellows as to my PYC days (Personal YellowCat Days) according to their roam-feed instinct. But note that the Gator Gars also run the same days as Yellows, but usually hit (start their run aka roam-feed) a few hours earlier.

Re: Juglines for Lake Livingston - 09/22/20 04:11 PM

Thanks for the info. We will be hanging out with family, that’s why I’ll be throwing the weighted jugs. So far, I’ll be baiting with shad, unless I can find different bait when I get there. Might stop and get some gizzards added with garlic salt.
Posted By: DEWAYNE BULLARD

Re: Juglines for Lake Livingston - 09/22/20 04:30 PM

If you have a depth finder I would set them along the edge of creek channels coming out of Kickapoo or the edge of the river channel or any good contour changes road beds etc. . I have been catching fish drifting in 20-30 ft . . Cut carp ,Buffalo or sunfish will hold up better on jug lines longer if you plan on leaving them overnight and you should be able to cast net some along the bridge rip rap .
Good luck !!

Re: Juglines for Lake Livingston - 09/22/20 07:22 PM

Thank you.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum