Texas Fishing Forum

Where to buy Skip Jack

Posted By: Bassdeer

Where to buy Skip Jack - 08/28/20 12:37 PM

Looking for a local place to buy some skip jack for bait in the Dallas area. Found some on line but shipping is a killer.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Where to buy Skip Jack - 08/28/20 09:26 PM

You can sometime find a few at the gas station you pass before Denison Dam, just off 75. You need to call in advance as it goes really quick. I catch my own bluegill and carp for cut bait. If you are just looking to purchase, go to any Asian market and find carp, crawfish, etc. I bought some Bonita from a market once and it worked well.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Where to buy Skip Jack - 08/31/20 08:49 PM

My buddy in Oak Point caught 25 on Sunday. Using nothing but raw chicken breast. Nothing big, all eating sized blues and a few channels.
Posted By: Shark99

Re: Where to buy Skip Jack - 09/07/20 01:37 AM

I just found some crazy big skip jack for sale at Trot Line Bait & Tackle in Tawakoni before you get to the two mile bridge. It is a little pricey, but worth it.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Where to buy Skip Jack - 09/07/20 01:47 PM

I don't think skipjack are native to Texas. I have never seen one until I moved to Alabama. Problem now is having to stop fishing for them when I have enough for bait. Darn things are fun to catch on a ultra light with a Foley spoon or sabiki rig,
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum