Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville 8-26

Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Lewisville 8-26 - 08/27/20 02:31 AM

Got out and drifted this evening with my 4 yr old fishing partner. Y’all know I love fishing big wind and rollers and when I saw the forecast this afternoon I had to hook up the boat. 4 and 5 ft rollers with rain when we first started out . Bait was easy in a protected area in 32 ft. Limped out into the middle of the lake and scanned some ledges 30 ft and nada. Moved to the main lake humps and marked a bunch of good fish laying on the hump ledges. Lined up with the ledge and dragged through em. First fish Jaxon popped a 19 lbr. Then dad missed a toad that pulled my planer board all he way parallel with the boat before spitting the hook. We landed a handful of eaters before I hung another good one. We ended up with a 19, 24, and 10 eaters. Love that big wind and rollers! texas[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
texas
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Lewisville 8-26 - 08/27/20 02:37 AM

Looking good out there thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lewisville 8-26 - 08/27/20 04:14 AM

Awesome post. Good job to both you and your "Lifetime Fishing Buddy"! thumb
Posted By: Huntxtrm

Re: Lewisville 8-26 - 08/27/20 08:47 AM

Thats awesome!
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Lewisville 8-26 - 08/27/20 12:15 PM

That is awesome. Glad to see some big fish starting to show up. Usually September is when I start seeing a few big fish.

Re: Lewisville 8-26 - 08/27/20 12:29 PM

Thanks amigos! We had some good fun! cheers If you want to increase your chances of catching something good this time of year you gotta fish around the storms or at night Matt. texas
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Lewisville 8-26 - 08/27/20 01:18 PM

I could do that in my previous boat. But the Lund is not a fan of big rollers. The Tn River valley acts like a funnel with a north wind.

Re: Lewisville 8-26 - 08/27/20 02:38 PM

I used to fish the rollers in my Bass boat before I had my son Nut. I swamped that Skeeter more than once and that is some scary stuff when you take a big roller over the bow and everything in the boat starts floating! Lol... Planer boards, cooler, buckets, coozies, you name it. I got the Bay boat when my son was born so I can fish big water safely. One of the best decisions I have ever made! texas
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: Lewisville 8-26 - 08/27/20 03:49 PM

I would be at the bottom of the lake in my Tracker

Re: Lewisville 8-26 - 08/27/20 04:26 PM

I don’t recommend doing it for most guys Bentman. To safely fish that kind of big water it sure helps to have a big bay boat. You gotta know your body of water and your boats limits. When I was younger I wasn’t afraid of much and would push those limits to the edge. There is something inside me that enjoys doing battle with Mother Nature while hunting big fish. The risks are greater and the rewards are greater. Some days you take a serious beating and get smoked but the feeling you get when your victorious is that much sweeter. I been fishing these storms most of my life and I’m usually the only boat on the entire lake.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Lewisville 8-26 - 08/27/20 05:48 PM

I love those smiles. Lewisville has some nice ones. thumb
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Lewisville 8-26 - 08/27/20 07:52 PM

Man That's awesome!!!!..Great job Guys!!!! thumb clap
Posted By: pop r

Re: Lewisville 8-26 - 08/28/20 11:51 PM

Its good to see you healed up where you and your son can get out fishing! cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum