Texas Fishing Forum

Weather firing up the fishing?

Posted By: Huntxtrm

Weather firing up the fishing? - 08/26/20 04:36 PM

What do yall think about the Hurricane? Do you think it will fire up the catfish in north central Texas this weekend? I have a buddy that just left freeport, he says it sure fired it up on the coast. Just wondering.
Posted By: ๐ŸŒŠEl Gato Azul๐ŸŒŠ

Re: Weather firing up the fishing? - 08/26/20 04:46 PM

If itโ€™s cloudy and windy they will be biting. If itโ€™s overcast with SE wind and coastal showers moving up then they will be on fire. Only one way to know for sure...

Re: Weather firing up the fishing? - 08/26/20 04:54 PM

Im gonna check on it Saturday mornin!

Re: Weather firing up the fishing? - 08/26/20 05:04 PM

Give us an update. Not too sure about Saturday but today looks pretty good. Iโ€™m gonna pull an evening drift tonight with my son and hope we get lucky and hang something good. Will let yall know how it goes.

Re: Weather firing up the fishing? - 08/27/20 12:26 AM

I just looked at some of the live Galveston surf cams, its crazy! And people are still hangin out down there and takin pictures and driving around! I would have been kickin rocks long before now!

Re: Weather firing up the fishing? - 08/27/20 01:45 AM

Weโ€™re just getting off the water. We popped a 19, 24, and a handful of eaters. Will make a trip report when I get home...

Re: Weather firing up the fishing? - 09/02/20 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by ๐ŸŒŠEl Gato Azul๐ŸŒŠ
Weโ€™re just getting off the water. We popped a 19, 24, and a handful of eaters. Will make a trip report when I get home...

Im gonna give it hell this weekend! Rain permitting. Gonna be nice out. Dont rightly care if I catch anything, long as me and the wife are smiling!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum