Texas Fishing Forum

Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat?

Posted By: Huntxtrm

Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat? - 08/17/20 05:41 PM

Anybody on here fish lake Pat, want to gang bait a hole? I will start baitin one and mark it, share it, if anybody is willing to help keep it consitantly baited. Want to create a honey hole for some family fishin. Not guiding or nothing, hopin somebody else might want the same thing. Suggestions on a good spot to bait out at Pat, will be considered too. Since its a combined effort. Dont want to share the spot directly on here, for fear of pirates. But, PM me if interested. Maybe some day we can share it. Just want someone thats willing to contribute for now. cheers

Re: Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat? - 08/18/20 08:53 AM

Nobody fishing Pat for Kitty Cats? Or. Want to?
Posted By: FlyFX

Re: Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat? - 08/18/20 11:32 AM

Might be able to help later, my ride is down now.

Re: Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat? - 08/18/20 02:37 PM

Awesome, let me know.
Posted By: opus

Re: Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat? - 08/18/20 08:32 PM

Theres a bunch of us on Fork that keep 3 holes baited works pretty good
Posted By: __TX__

Re: Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat? - 08/18/20 11:13 PM

i just had some minor surgery. when i get back to 100% maybe i can help out. i go to pat fairly often.

Re: Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat? - 08/19/20 01:19 AM

Awesome, keep us posted.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat? - 08/19/20 02:34 AM

Don’t hit pat much I’m down for alvarado

Re: Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat? - 08/19/20 09:12 AM

I used to fish Alvarado a lot. But with this pandemic, it just seems like the seadoos doubled up! Some hood fish there though, for a small lake. Never caught any big ones, but lots of skillet fish.
Posted By: Chaycemdown

Re: Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat? - 08/19/20 08:29 PM

Id be down to help. I try to hit Alvarado or Pat at least 1 time a week since we live in Crowley. Let me know what I can do to help! Be interesting to see how much it helps. Im a bank fisherman though so not sure how much help I can be.
Posted By: forsanmedic

Re: Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat? - 08/20/20 12:36 AM

Haven't fished Lake Pat in a year or so, but do fish Alvarado some when I can. I know what you mean about the sea doos. I try to only fish weekdays and put in early and get off early before it becomes an issue.

Re: Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat? - 08/20/20 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Chaycemdown
Id be down to help. I try to hit Alvarado or Pat at least 1 time a week since we live in Crowley. Let me know what I can do to help! Be interesting to see how much it helps. Im a bank fisherman though so not sure how much help I can be.

Where about are you fishing? No specifics. By the old boat ramp? Breakwalls by the big ramp?

Re: Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat? - 08/20/20 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by forsanmedic
Haven't fished Lake Pat in a year or so, but do fish Alvarado some when I can. I know what you mean about the sea doos. I try to only fish weekdays and put in early and get off early before it becomes an issue.

Alvarado is like glass at night sometimes. Lots of shad.
Posted By: Chaycemdown

Re: Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat? - 08/20/20 06:31 PM

The main boat ramp is where gps took us the first time so thats kinda where weve stayed up and down that shoreline. Where the longhorns are if that helps

Re: Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat? - 08/29/20 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Chaycemdown
The main boat ramp is where gps took us the first time so thats kinda where weve stayed up and down that shoreline. Where the longhorns are if that helps

Never noticed the long horns. Allways see lots of fish hangin around the ends of those breakwals on my graph. I usually toss some bait out there, if Im at that boat ramp. Just to try and help the bank fisherman out some.
Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat? - 08/29/20 08:38 PM

I think it would be cool to buy a cheap deer feeder and somehow hang it in a tree or drive a pipe in the shallow water to hang it on. I bet that would work so good if people would leave it alone but doubt they would

Re: Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat? - 08/30/20 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by RespectTheFish
I think it would be cool to buy a cheap deer feeder and somehow hang it in a tree or drive a pipe in the shallow water to hang it on. I bet that would work so good if people would leave it alone but doubt they would

I have thought about that myself. I am trying to figure out a way to make a submersible.
Posted By: opus

Re: Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat? - 08/30/20 10:33 PM

5GAL bucket with lid (pool chem. works great) drill bunch of holes fill with cattle cubes tie to tree few feet off bottom

Re: Gang bait a hole at Lake Pat? - 09/02/20 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by opus
5GAL bucket with lid (pool chem. works great) drill bunch of holes fill with cattle cubes tie to tree few feet off bottom

Some of the simplest ideas, are the best ideas! Im gonna give that a try.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum