Texas Fishing Forum

Stubbys bait help

Posted By: Wildone

Stubbys bait help - 07/26/20 10:50 PM

Bought some stubbys a few weeks ago to try on lake palestine.
It's all crumbly and impossible to keep on the hook.
I added a little water and it helped some but I was in the boat and had nothing good to stir with.
How do I fix it and what consistency should it be?
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Stubbys bait help - 07/26/20 11:03 PM

It is a thick doughy texture. Not sure why yours has gotten that way. Where did you get it? The reason I ask is because if it has been kept in this heat and not cool, it will get that way. Send me 903-987-2315 or Stubby 817-366-5492 a pic of what your bait looks like. We will figure out the best way to make it right
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Stubbys bait help - 07/27/20 05:13 PM

Best thing to do is call me .and see what we can do
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Stubbys bait help - 07/29/20 01:11 PM

Adding a little flour and an egg will bind most anything flaky. OMG
Posted By: HumanSeine

Re: Stubbys bait help - 07/29/20 04:44 PM

My first guess is maybe your equipment is not the best. I have had very experienced bass fishermen fish next to me and watch me catch up to 10 fish before questioning why? First thing are you using braided line? If not change I don't care if you don't like it. Braid is more sensitive period. Use a good quality medium action rod. Just fish with one rod
and focus on the tip of your rod and the line itself. You see tip move or line move the fish has it and set the hook. If you are not detecting a bite they are eating your bait. Good catfishing is just like keeping your eyes open and staying still while deer hunting. Know what your bait is doing at all times. Sorry but I can almost assure you that most problems are not with the bait. I would really recommend a guide trip with Littlewheel or Stubby on lake fork to improve the fishing. I got lots of guys who visit to fish with me and really the biggest problem us tgey are not aware of what is happening at the hook.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Stubbys bait help - 07/30/20 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by HumanSeine
My first guess is maybe your equipment is not the best. I have had very experienced bass fishermen fish next to me and watch me catch up to 10 fish before questioning why? First thing are you using braided line? If not change I don't care if you don't like it. Braid is more sensitive period. Use a good quality medium action rod. Just fish with one rod
and focus on the tip of your rod and the line itself. You see tip move or line move the fish has it and set the hook. If you are not detecting a bite they are eating your bait. Good catfishing is just like keeping your eyes open and staying still while deer hunting. Know what your bait is doing at all times. Sorry but I can almost assure you that most problems are not with the bait. I would really recommend a guide trip with Littlewheel or Stubby on lake fork to improve the fishing. I got lots of guys who visit to fish with me and really the biggest problem us tgey are not aware of what is happening at the hook.

?
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Stubbys bait help - 07/30/20 06:09 PM

Just vall
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum