Texas Fishing Forum

Stubby’s cheese bait questions

Posted By: Po Boy

Stubby’s cheese bait questions - 07/09/20 07:42 PM

I have never used Stubby’s Cheese Bait, therefore I have a few questions, basically how to use it. Do you have to use a treble hook, how to apply to the hook, and does it work well on jug lines? How long will it stay on the hook before there is a need to rebait? Thanks in advance for the education.
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Stubby’s cheese bait questions - 07/10/20 03:15 AM

We use a #4 treble hook, braided line and no weight. We fish straight down 95% of the time. Send me your number and I will text you a short video of what we do and how we use it. We normally have the bait in the water no longer than 30 seconds over baited holes before we get a bite.
Posted By: ggoytia

Re: Stubby’s cheese bait questions - 07/10/20 11:34 PM

Lil wheel.
Shooting you a pm if you don't mind sending me that video as well.
My go to has been Benny's but picked up two tubs of Stubbys when wet rooster was going out of business.
I think that was the name of the store

Re: Stubby’s cheese bait questions - 07/10/20 11:56 PM

I got it. Just send me your number and I will gladly send the videos
Posted By: ggoytia

Re: Stubby’s cheese bait questions - 07/12/20 01:41 AM

Lil wheel- Sweet. Pm sent!
Po boy - thanks for posting this question
Posted By: HumanSeine

Re: Stubby’s cheese bait questions - 07/12/20 01:35 PM

i have fished with jugs and various types of set lines . Since i have switched to using Stubbys I just don't need any other type line. on most of my baited spots i pull up and drop a bait then set the hook. most times of the year i can catch a limit easily within 3 hours. So i do recommend Stubby's but warn you that you might decide to fish with one pole shortly after because the bait works so well.
Posted By: twin#2

Re: Stubby’s cheese bait questions - 07/12/20 11:11 PM

Back in 2000-2002 we had a place just north of 154 bridge my dad had a baited hole and we caught no telling how many catfish in that 3 year span. During that time dad would go buy punch bait by the 5 gallon buckets from Danny King. Great memories for sure.
Posted By: Mike TT

Re: Stubby’s cheese bait questions - 07/13/20 01:13 PM

I would appreciate the videos you mentioned. My number is 417 239 7107 . Thanks, Michael
Posted By: AQUA11

Re: Stubby’s cheese bait questions - 07/13/20 03:35 PM

PM sent for video! thanks
Posted By: bigmiket

Re: Stubby’s cheese bait questions - 07/13/20 09:26 PM

It works great doesn’t smell bad or anything myself my wife and my 78-year-old mother got a boat limit by 930-945this morning

Re: Stubby’s cheese bait questions - 07/13/20 09:28 PM

I saw the pic of your Mom and the big fish! Way to go
Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: Stubby’s cheese bait questions - 07/13/20 09:43 PM

I've never put it on a jug line because you can catch fish so fast with rod and reel a jug would be a waste for channel catfishing. And I think I would use something like crawfish or shrimp or a piece of chicken over stink bait on an unmanned method such as trotlining or juglining.
Posted By: bigmiket

Re: Stubby’s cheese bait questions - 07/14/20 12:20 AM

She had a blast
Posted By: Piscivore

Re: Stubby’s cheese bait questions - 07/15/20 04:09 AM

How does it store? Do you have to refrigerate it or can you just leave it on your boat full time?

Re: Stubby’s cheese bait questions - 07/15/20 09:29 AM

We keep it in fridge. If you keep it in your boat in the summer time it gets soft.
Posted By: Gophish

Re: Stubby’s cheese bait questions - 07/15/20 11:36 PM

PM for video sent. Thanks

Re: Stubby’s cheese bait questions - 07/16/20 02:39 PM

Sent last night.
Posted By: Gophish

Re: Stubby’s cheese bait questions - 07/16/20 07:32 PM

Thank you.
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Stubby’s cheese bait questions - 07/20/20 12:25 AM

Any questions please call