Texas Fishing Forum

Brazos River?

Posted By: Jestew01

Brazos River? - 07/08/20 10:26 PM

Anybody been on the Brazos from glen rose to Whitney, I want to get into catfishing more and I think that’s probably the best place near me, maybe Cleburne lake if y’all think it would be good. I want to try to get more quality fish as I can catch quantities on Alvarado lake about 5 minutes from my house. I’ll be fishing from bank or kayak so I can go into the main parts of larger lakes but would prefer not to
Posted By: HumanSeine

Re: Brazos River? - 07/09/20 06:22 AM

There is a guide that owns the Good Sam RV Park in the town of West Texas named Dana Stanley. He does Striper trips on Whitney and duck hunting trips on the Brazos in his air boat. I went on one of the air boat trips. It was probably one of the best trips I have ever been on. Now I am not a bow fishing guy but he takes folks for those at night also. His airboat is just plain bad. It has like this 454 engine on it and it will fly diown that river. When I went with him he launched the airboat on dry ground next to the river and took off from there. I guess I never realized am airboat can run on dry ground. I may be just easily amused.
Posted By: Huntxtrm

Re: Brazos River? - 07/14/20 09:23 AM

I like Nolan River Park area. You can access the Brazos from there also. Lots of opportunities down up the nolan, and the swirl is a good spot. If you have Navionics, check it out, lots of contour. You can just about allways find a spot out of the wind, once it gets tiresome. I am hitting the Nolan this weekend. If I do any good, I will post.
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Brazos River? - 08/05/20 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jestew01
Anybody been on the Brazos from glen rose to Whitney, I want to get into catfishing more and I think that’s probably the best place near me, maybe Cleburne lake if y’all think it would be good. I want to try to get more quality fish as I can catch quantities on Alvarado lake about 5 minutes from my house. I’ll be fishing from bank or kayak so I can go into the main parts of larger lakes but would prefer not to

Try Aquilla, lots of Kayak Fishermen, and NO recreational boaters, Tons of very nice Blue cat, easily accessible just out from the boat ramp, on a couple rocky points on the left. Also excellent crappie fishing in between the two points there, where the submerged trees are.

Posted By: CDS

Re: Brazos River? - 09/20/20 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by HumanSeine
There is a guide that owns the Good Sam RV Park in the town of West Texas named Dana Stanley. He does Striper trips on Whitney and duck hunting trips on the Brazos in his air boat. I went on one of the air boat trips. It was probably one of the best trips I have ever been on. Now I am not a bow fishing guy but he takes folks for those at night also. His airboat is just plain bad. It has like this 454 engine on it and it will fly diown that river. When I went with him he launched the airboat on dry ground next to the river and took off from there. I guess I never realized am airboat can run on dry ground. I may be just easily amused.

Thanks for the kind words HumanSeine. Glad you enjoyed your trip. If any of you would like to go on an airboat fishing trip give me a call. (817) 929-7636.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum