Texas Fishing Forum

Turtles

Posted By: jcanon

Turtles - 07/06/20 03:50 AM

Any tips for keeping turtles off my catfish jug lines? Caught 4 turtles and 0 catfish tonight lol [Linked Image]
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Turtles - 07/06/20 04:40 AM

If the turtle were to have an unfortunate accident and die, it will not get caught on your jug line again.
Posted By: jcanon

Re: Turtles - 07/06/20 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
If the turtle were to have an unfortunate accident and die, it will not get caught on your jug line again.

I'd never kill anything I wasn't going to eat. Except water moccasins or copperheads. If they get too close, it's a death warrant lol
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Turtles - 07/06/20 11:38 AM

You might try circle hooks! Or better yet move your lines to another area.
Posted By: Marc-62

Re: Turtles - 07/06/20 11:44 AM

Bait'um up with fresh turtle. Turtle is also very tasty fried, turtle soup, turtle in garlic butter taste like chicken.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Turtles - 07/07/20 01:18 PM

Unfortunate accidents keeps the population down . And it seems they are usually condensed into one area on a large body of water . If it’s a small body of water your screwed .
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Turtles - 07/07/20 01:20 PM

Bait is a big determining factor too . Chicken , hot dogs and punch bait they will all hit . Shad and blue Gill they hit to buy not as much at least in my own experiences.
Posted By: HumanSeine

Re: Turtles - 07/08/20 03:33 AM

You might should change the bait you are using. Turtles will eat everything but I get very few turtle bites on Stubby's cheese bait. I cannot really remember ever getting bit by turtles while using Stubbys.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum