Texas Fishing Forum

drifting weight

Posted By: nombon

drifting weight - 07/03/20 06:16 AM

what do you guys use for drifting weights a buddy and I had this conversation the other day after he seen one of my rods set up. he told me I was change. why he only answer he would give it is it was his way.
I use. I was using stack 1/8-1/4 oz slip sinkers to make a slinky style weight adding up to 1 1/2 oz to 2 oz. attached to a line slider I found that the skinner led stacked I got hung up less. He kept tell me to just use one large slip sinker it works better what do you guys use I dont this there is really a right way.

I did just a pencil led mold and melting post off ebay for 60$ and will just make my own. has 3 molds. 1 1/4. 1 3/4 and 2 1/4oz mold this is the mold I bout with ladle melting pot for 60. we used this type of led for steelhead and salmon fishing in Washington. The thin profile helped keep from having up on the rock bottom https://barlowstackle.com/Do-It-Pencil-Sinker-Mold-P315/
Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: drifting weight - 07/03/20 12:20 PM

Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: drifting weight - 07/03/20 12:34 PM

I use 2 oz slinky for most drifting. If it’s real windy I switch my planer board rods to 3 oz so they pull better. I get my drift weights from MTPockets. texas
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum