Texas Fishing Forum

cast nets.

Posted By: nombon

cast nets. - 06/30/20 10:54 PM

who sell the cheapest nets. not cheap like low quality but price. my 7 ft taped net ripped. I patched it up the best I can. but it really need to be replace. right now I cannot away using this 4ft net I have but in a few month they will go deep and I don't think the little net will work very well
Posted By: Caribou

Re: cast nets. - 06/30/20 11:29 PM

Cheap price is going to mean cheap quality. No real way around it. Heavy taped nets for deep water are going to be spendy.
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: cast nets. - 07/01/20 12:11 AM

I get mine off Amazon. Just ordered a new one 2 days ago. These are all I throw year round and they do a great job.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: G Love

Re: cast nets. - 07/01/20 02:48 PM

Get what ya pay for. Fitec or Ahi.
Posted By: KEGracing

Re: cast nets. - 07/01/20 04:03 PM

Check out Ebay. Not looking for the super cheap nets, but look for the brand you want. Every now and then you can find a deal.

Good luck

Ken
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: cast nets. - 07/01/20 04:37 PM

https://castnetshop.com/collections/mako-cast-nets/7-ft

I have tried most all brands and the one I keep coming back to is Mako. Very affordable, throws great, and doesn't break your heart when you rip it. In my opinion if you are throwing in 15ft or less 1lb is plenty. Any deeper than that get Betts deep whole net.
Posted By: nombon

Re: cast nets. - 07/03/20 05:37 AM

I know a cheap price means a cheap net. I have one someone gave me that I have had to resort to using. it is horrible at firstI thought I was just I bad at throughing the net. till I let someone els do it the other day. I was about 100 yrsd an from him and I could him complaining about it to my son. my wife trying to be a good wife was at the PX and bought me an eagle claw for 35$. I plan I taking it back and just not telling her my taped net and it finally tore beyond repair I dont recall what I paid but I know it wasn't cheap. I was just hopping someone knew of some pleas that had them a bit lower. i have been checking Ebay just about every day I dont recall what paid for my last net taped net. I fount this site was wondering what you thought of the prices. http://www.catchnbait.com/bait-buster-castnets.htm

has anyone every take the weights on an old net and attacked them to a new net to make it sink faster ?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum