Texas Fishing Forum

Sleeping boys catch no fish

Posted By: FishinGlenn

Sleeping boys catch no fish - 06/26/20 07:06 PM

I had the lake all to myself this morning. I wondered if everyone knew something that I didn't. Well I know a little and set out to try a new bait - chicken breast marinated in Strawberry Jello. The bite was slow early and I was starting to have doubts about this recipe. It soon picked up though and I finally wrangled six nice cats into the boat. I'm tired now but glad I got up early.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Sleeping boys catch no fish - 06/28/20 04:46 AM

thumb
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Sleeping boys catch no fish - 06/29/20 01:00 PM

My favorite bait is chicken breast. When I have guests that want to catch "eaters" we drift from Guntersville Dam to a point about two miles below the dam. Each drift will yield several keepers. The blues and channels love it, flatheads not so much.
Posted By: HumanSeine

Re: Sleeping boys catch no fish - 06/30/20 11:01 AM

I got to tell you. I have tried almost any bait that is sold or can be made. I have mixed cheese and hog brains in buckets and let chicken blood sitbout for days. I have fished with all kinds of animal parts including hearts, livers, pancreas and tongues. So Stubbys cheese bait has been the very best bait of them all. I have been fishing since I was about 6 years old and that would be over 50 years of fishing every chance I get. NOTHING will catch channel cats better than Stubbys cheese bait. I have actually done dude by side testing and the stuff just catches them. I am friends with Stubby but i would not be writing this if it was not true. If there was a better bait I would be using it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum