Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork Channel Cats

Posted By: Southtxangler22

Lake Fork Channel Cats - 06/11/20 03:39 AM

Launched this evening (6-10) as the wind laid down. Launched at 154 bridge and ran down towards the dam a little ways to get out of the north wind. Dropped a chum bucket in 24ft. Let it soak for about an hour and caught some bluegills. Came back and it did it’s job! Nailed the 1-2lb channel cats! Let’s the punch bait hit the bottom, reel up 3 cranks, set the hook! It was fast and furious. No telling how many I caught. CPR this time. Fork is fishing awesome right now! YouTube Video coming soon. Just wanted to get a report out there for anyone looking for them!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Fork Channel Cats - 06/11/20 03:41 AM

thumb
Posted By: MilesHunter

Re: Lake Fork Channel Cats - 06/11/20 02:05 PM

Nice work and that's a great screenshot! cheers
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Lake Fork Channel Cats - 06/11/20 10:31 PM

Good job
Posted By: Jmit74

Re: Lake Fork Channel Cats - 06/13/20 01:50 PM

I am headed there with the family next weekend, any advice on where to find the cats?
Posted By: Beak47

Re: Lake Fork Channel Cats - 06/13/20 09:25 PM

Fun seeing the cats suspending like that! I’ve seem them do that at Amistad in 70 or 80 feet of water. We would mark our lines with a felt marker so we didn’t need to drop all the way to the bottom after rebaiting.
Posted By: Southtxangler22

Re: Lake Fork Channel Cats - 06/14/20 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jmit74
I am headed there with the family next weekend, any advice on where to find the cats?

I’m just looking at main lake points in 25-30ft of water. Saw a boat catching them on timber in 15-20 ft. I launch at 154 and go straight across the lake from there. I fish over a chum bucket and it doesn’t take long to bring in a bunch of fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum