Texas Fishing Forum

Boat with carpet

Posted By: wh2004

Boat with carpet - 06/07/20 07:55 PM

Anyone do a lot of cat fishing out of a boat with carpet? How do you clean up the slime and such?

Thinking really hard about getting this
https://www.basstrackerclassic.com/

I do all around fishing but catfish quite a bit. I know carpet isn’t ideal but that boat seems like a steal.
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Boat with carpet - 06/07/20 08:49 PM

I have a big carpet mat that I put on top of the carpet to protect it. I had to fit it around the seats and stuff but no big deal. Pull the fish in on the carpeted Mat and the rest stays clean
Posted By: wh2004

Re: Boat with carpet - 06/07/20 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by littlewheel
I have a big carpet mat that I put on top of the carpet to protect it. I had to fit it around the seats and stuff but no big deal. Pull the fish in on the carpeted Mat and the rest stays clean

Dang that’s smart
Posted By: MilesHunter

Re: Boat with carpet - 06/07/20 09:53 PM

Catfish are really hard on carpet. I used to catfish out of a pontoon boat with carpet. The only thing I found that worked well was using a pressure washer but that will tear up the carpet even faster if you are not really careful.
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Boat with carpet - 06/07/20 11:52 PM

When I was really catfishing I would buy a piece of marine carpet and cut it to fit the floor of my boat. I would put it in while catfishing and remove it when not. Cheap and boat carpet stayed nice.
Posted By: SoonerDG

Re: Boat with carpet - 06/08/20 05:13 PM

I know Tracker puts the vinyl flooring in some of their other boats. Might ask if that's an option in this one.
Posted By: MilesHunter

Re: Boat with carpet - 06/08/20 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by SoonerDG
I know Tracker puts the vinyl flooring in some of their other boats. Might ask if that's an option in this one.

That's what I would do. thumb
Posted By: lamar44

Re: Boat with carpet - 06/10/20 02:43 AM

Carpet in boats and pick ups. That's just wrong....
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Boat with carpet - 06/10/20 12:36 PM

I am going to look at marine vinyl flooring this winter. I bought a 2004 Lund and it has the original carpet and you can tell it by the looks. Knowing I'm going to replace it, I don't worry much about it this year.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum