Texas Fishing Forum

My secret honey hole

Posted By: Fishin' Nut

My secret honey hole - 06/01/20 06:00 PM

Found this spot on the Tennessee River two weeks ago. The first time I fished it, I had flathead over 10lbs in the boat within 10 minutes. Stayed there almost two hours and not another bite. Last Saturday I anchored and within 10 minutes I had one with weighed 14lb 12oz. Again I stayed another 1 1/2 hours without another bite. You would think there would be more than one catfish in that spot.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: My secret honey hole - 06/01/20 07:20 PM

Careful Nut or the potlickers and Sherlocks of the forum will recognize those trees and the slope of that hill! Lmao! Gonna be 4 boats and a string of jugs in your hole when you show up there next time...
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: My secret honey hole - 06/01/20 10:39 PM

Nice
Posted By: silvers

Re: My secret honey hole - 06/02/20 12:44 AM

Go once a week and leave, do not share your spot
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: My secret honey hole - 06/02/20 04:04 AM

Nice fish. thumb
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: My secret honey hole - 06/02/20 12:03 PM

I'd be willing to bet that there are multiple fish in and around that hole. It could be that you're just picking off the most aggressive one... The one that happens to be in the mood to feed
Posted By: Riverrat9

Re: My secret honey hole - 06/02/20 12:20 PM

I know exactly where that spot is. That owl is always sitting on that tree in the back ground. When I fish I always leave one for you to catch. sarcastic
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: My secret honey hole - 06/02/20 07:43 PM

I will say Steve Douglas catches flatheads on the Tennessee river and he uses cut fresh skips. Watch his video on YouTube...it's really surprising to all that believe you gotta wait forever and use only live bait...
Posted By: pop r

Re: My secret honey hole - 06/02/20 08:07 PM

nice! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum