Texas Fishing Forum

Noodling for Catfish

Posted By: nick anderson

Noodling for Catfish - 05/18/20 10:37 PM

Just Curious who else on here does this. I started 4 or 5 years ago in college and can't get enough of it. Super fun and such an adrenaline rush. On this day we caught 2 flat heads 29 and 22 pounds as well as 3 Blues from 15-18 pound. All fish were released and put right back in the holes we caught them from.Heres a video and a couple pictures from our first trip of the season.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Noodling for Catfish - 05/18/20 10:50 PM

If I recall correctly, it's actually not legal in some states. If you're releasing them, I would wonder if there's still a case to write a citation if you are observed grappling them by hand.
Posted By: nick anderson

Re: Noodling for Catfish - 05/18/20 11:48 PM

Legal In Texas . Im sure in whatever states its illegal in you'd get a ticket if they observed you doing it ..or not guess it depends on the warden.
Posted By: Flags

Re: Noodling for Catfish - 05/19/20 01:58 PM

Never done it. Always wondered what the chances are of grabbing something like a snapping turtle is?
Posted By: Riverrat9

Re: Noodling for Catfish - 05/19/20 10:37 PM

Looks like fun to me.
Posted By: Caribou

Re: Noodling for Catfish - 05/19/20 11:58 PM

I support noodlers who release the real big fish. A guy was around here after it got legalized and was posting pictures of 10+ blues and flatties over 30lbs they were keeping every weekend. That rubbed me the wrong way.

It looks like a whole lot of fun for sure.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Noodling for Catfish - 05/20/20 06:46 PM

Been once or twice my cousins pretty much jumped in and got the fish before I had a chance to figure out what was goin on . But watching some one go under and pop up a few seconds later with a monster is always pretty exciting .
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Noodling for Catfish - 05/21/20 02:16 AM

Never done it and to old to try. thumb
Posted By: nombon

Re: Noodling for Catfish - 05/21/20 07:39 PM

I wanted to go but never found anyone who would go with me. I think it became legal in Texas about 8-9 years ago looks fun
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Noodling for Catfish - 05/21/20 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Flags
Never done it. Always wondered what the chances are of grabbing something like a snapping turtle is?

gotta be really high
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum