Texas Fishing Forum

Fork Catfish Areas

Posted By: davisxx

Fork Catfish Areas - 05/02/20 11:12 PM

Looking for a general area/cove on Fork where the catfishing can be somewhat consistent. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: HumanSeine

Re: Fork Catfish Areas - 05/03/20 08:16 AM

Ok most of the year you can find some cover close to a creek channel around 20 - 30 feet deep. I fish mustang and wolf creek's a good bit. So if you throw a half bag of cubes on these spots every other day the fish will be there most days. Now this time of year the s by ad are spawning and the fish are locating near the shad spawn areas and creek channels or cover seem to make little difference. I sus pectin th he catfish spawn will start any day because I am catching fish in 5 to 20 foot deep in the shad spawn areas. You find the shad with your depth finder and in my case that often is near points on the lake. Fishing has been a little more tough this year for some reason. It turned out that I could not bait my holes frequently enough because my wife had an injury. So you cannot bait holes while helping your wife in McKinney. So enough of my excuses. Now when the spawn starts happening very SOON just put your stubby 2 feet under your favorite bobber and fish around shallow grass and cover. I think I catch more fish if teeds are near but that might be just me liking those areas from my bass days.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum