Texas Fishing Forum

No Travel to Fish

Posted By: Sirjet

No Travel to Fish - 03/25/20 09:30 PM

I just had a friend tell me he got a ticket headed to go fish. How correct is this. Since we are in a Lock down.
Fishing is Essential!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/25/20 10:43 PM

I been last 3 days...only 1 ramp open on Lewisville and 50 boat trailers were there. Lake is up 8 ft and most parks are closed due to high water. It is to my understanding you can fish as long as you keep social distance. State parks are open according to TPWD.
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/25/20 10:54 PM

was he speeding!!??? roflmao

post a pic of the ticket as to what the legal charge was...also, would be good to know what location. any reasonable judge will throw this ticket out in a second. just a humble guy trying to feed his family.
Posted By: Billy Goat

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/26/20 01:10 AM

you are allowed to go to the grocery store.

seems legit to me....
Posted By: SeanV14

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/26/20 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by ThaDudeAbides
was he speeding!!??? roflmao

post a pic of the ticket as to what the legal charge was...also, would be good to know what location. any reasonable judge will throw this ticket out in a second. just a humble guy trying to feed his family.

This.
Posted By: Catfish Lynn

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/26/20 04:10 AM

A lockdown is different from a shelter-in-place. But best to find out exactly what the ticket was for. If you can't work to get pay, then rightfully & legally you should be able to go fish (of course the law requires you to have a valid fishing license), to feed your family. Unless of course marshall law has been imposed, which would be much more than a lockdown, or even a curfew.
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/26/20 12:32 PM

Denton County Executive Order states that outdoor activities are essential and are allowed but you gotta stay 6 ft away unless your a family unit. Every county is different but Denton County is one of the strictest counties in the state.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/26/20 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sirjet
I just had a friend tell me he got a ticket headed to go fish. How correct is this. Since we are in a Lock down.
Fishing is Essential!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please post a pic of the ticket in the bass section.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/26/20 02:58 PM

Sirjet what did he get ticketed for? I have heard many many mayors and public officials saying they are NOT going to be ticketing people; only that they would give verbal warnings to groups greater than 10 and if they repeated that offense they MAY be issued a citation.

Azul there is also a part of that document you posted that specifically mentioned that "Farming, Fishing, and Hunting" are allowed as long as you do the social distance thing.
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/26/20 03:00 PM

Fine story. I’d have to see it to believe it.

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/27/20 01:41 AM

I think he was lying. I asked him to see it and he has not responded. But I do have a Social Distance question.
What is the case if we are all in the same truck to get to the lake? There is only 3 of us.

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/27/20 01:46 AM

[Linked Image]

I made this to help with social distancing.

sb

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/27/20 01:47 AM

Had to use it almost immediately!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tc24

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/27/20 02:03 AM

But I do have a Social Distance question.
What is the case if we are all in the same truck to get to the lake? There is only 3 of us.

I have read that it's ok if they are all members of your household. They may check licenses to verify that info. Social distancing applies to everyone that doesnt live with you.

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/27/20 02:04 AM

This all sucks

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/27/20 02:08 AM

Agreed.

sb

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/27/20 12:44 PM

Might have to have them ride in the bed of the truck.
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/27/20 01:11 PM

Yeah it has destroyed our business everyone is scared and you’re right it sucks
Posted By: Piscivore

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/27/20 02:09 PM

Sounds like a fisherman's story to keep other people off the lake.
Posted By: ggoytia

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/27/20 07:02 PM

Sirjet:
Remember NBC training.
Without that suit stay 6' away. Put em in the back and keep your pokey bait with ya. Heheh
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/27/20 10:23 PM

Might have to have them ride in the bed of the truck.

tell those bums to drive their own car there! i would not want to be stuck in a car with people i am not forced to be (like family!).
Posted By: jackiekennedyfishingguide

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/28/20 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by chrisc/striper express guide service
Yeah it has destroyed our business everyone is scared and you’re right it sucks

Yes, yes it has. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger the oil patch is bust, the stockmarket is out of bed, and toilet paper is worth considerably more than dang near anything.
Posted By: taterpop

Re: No Travel to Fish - 03/28/20 03:17 AM

We here in North East Texas Texarkana Bowie county have been put in a( shelter in place ) Don't really know all about that.
Posted By: HumanSeine

Re: No Travel to Fish - 04/01/20 03:47 PM

I drove home from Lake Fork this morning at 1am. I was scared I was going to get a ticket. I was just not ready to stay in that rv for a month, I need my tempurpedic. I only saw one police car on the way home and it was in Rains County. So I got yo admit the road had just about zero cars on it.
Posted By: stubby77

Re: No Travel to Fish - 04/02/20 08:53 PM

Stay in place
Posted By: Rippyro

Re: No Travel to Fish - 04/05/20 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊
Denton County Executive Order states that outdoor activities are essential and are allowed but you gotta stay 6 ft away unless your a family unit. Every county is different but Denton County is one of the strictest counties in the state.

[Linked Image]

Correct. I even called the courthouse to confirm. It's written almost verbatim in the surrounding counties orders as well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum