Texas Fishing Forum

Where are they?

Posted By: jbw3

Where are they? - 03/24/20 04:47 PM

I assume with all the rain and warming water...catfish will be shallow and in the creeks???
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Where are they? - 03/24/20 05:55 PM

We caught 12 in 2 ft and 12 more in 30 ft yesterday. Today I can’t even find anything worth throwing down on. Water was 61 up shallow this morning and now it’s 65...starting to mark some up shallow but Lewisville is looking terrible today...

Re: Where are they? - 03/24/20 07:26 PM

We couldn’t find jack in the creeks. Ran up here to the mouth of the Trinity and the fish and the bait are crammed [Linked Image]
up in here.

Re: Where are they? - 03/24/20 11:49 PM

We ended up catching 6 in an hour up shallow. We probably could have put together a decent stringer if it didn’t take me all day to find them. We actually had more fun today looking than we did yesterday catching. Lake was heating up fast and was 66 by the time we left. I scanned the main lake points on the way back to the ramp and we marked a pile of fish in 40-50 ft at the bottom of the long point but we didn’t fish em. [Linked Image]
Posted By: jackiekennedyfishingguide

Re: Where are they? - 03/25/20 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by jbw3
I assume with all the rain and warming water...catfish will be shallow and in the creeks???

You assume right
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Where are they? - 03/25/20 02:22 PM

All fish came from 3-4ft on 2 wind blow points, thumb

[Linked Image]
Posted By: HumanSeine

Re: Where are they? - 03/25/20 04:44 PM

I have been catching bigger channel cats in 5 foot or less. Just get on a wind blown area. My Catfish like wind.
Posted By: jbw3

Re: Where are they? - 03/25/20 05:18 PM

Nice Pictures! I appreciate it guys.
Posted By: rcjoutdoors

Re: Where are they? - 03/25/20 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Capt. Michael Littlejohn

[Linked Image]

Eatin' good!
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: Where are they? - 03/25/20 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Capt. Michael Littlejohn

[Linked Image]

Show off!

How long and how much wind before the point becomes a good one to fish? does it need to be sustained winds and consistent over multiple days to be successful?

Thanks for any tips!

Re: Where are they? - 03/26/20 02:02 PM

That’s an incredible haul Mike! My lake is flooded 8 ft and I struggled to even find fishable shallow water. Our shore lines are so flooded that most all of the shore line has scrub brush, willow trees, and timber fully submerged and you can’t even get up shallow. I can hear fish flopping way up in the thickest nastiest stuff but can’t get to them. The outside of the brush is in 12 ft of water. We had to go to the back of a cove and fish in peoples backyards to even find grass to cast in. Little bit of flooding is bueno but alot of flooding is tough for me. We finally found some fish to anchor on but I’ve never scanned so hard in all my life. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum