Texas Fishing Forum

Benefits of Coronavirus

Posted By: JSouther

Benefits of Coronavirus - 03/18/20 12:10 AM

I went on a vacation to New Mexico with kids and wife then found out school was canceled and no work for me and the wife. I have a bug out cabin on an undisclosed lake that I grew up on and don’t get to visit very often. Decided to just go there and do some social distancing there since the closest town is 25 miles. Good family time and showing kids we can live off the land and survive off what the good lord has provided. Didn’t have any cast net or bait other than a dried out tub of Danny kings and a old rod and reel that had a piece of dried out cut carp on it. Dipped the old cut bait in the Danny kings and threw it out and caught 3 decent blues for two nights dinner. Rib and belly meat enough to catch a few for rest of the week. The wife did not gripe a single time about me and my son fishing most of the day. Brings back memories fishing with my father before the cell phones and video games changed the next generation. Good times [Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Benefits of Coronavirus - 03/18/20 12:39 AM

Making the BEST of a BAD situation! Nice fish. thumb
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Benefits of Coronavirus - 03/18/20 03:50 AM

thumb
Posted By: Papa Stan

Re: Benefits of Coronavirus - 03/18/20 04:10 PM

Good use of time to teach the kids. Enjoy.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Benefits of Coronavirus - 03/18/20 06:55 PM

Good memories and nice fish.
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: Benefits of Coronavirus - 03/18/20 06:58 PM

thumb
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Benefits of Coronavirus - 03/19/20 01:36 PM

thumb
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Benefits of Coronavirus - 03/19/20 06:15 PM

That’s good stuff right there !
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: Benefits of Coronavirus - 03/19/20 08:22 PM

flag

Re: Benefits of Coronavirus - 03/20/20 01:46 AM

Got another decent one today. [Linked Image]
Posted By: TXanalogkd

Re: Benefits of Coronavirus - 03/21/20 12:12 PM

Great job teaching and taking your kids fishing. Also, thanks for sharing the belly and rib meat theory. I will try this when I take my kids fishing.

Re: Benefits of Coronavirus - 03/21/20 03:55 PM

Technically not legal but the way I see it it is going to be thrown in the lake with the other guts so why not put a hook in it. I remember as a kid growing up on the lake with a small river flowing into it my neighbors were really poor and lived off a catfish diet. I learned about sink boxes old school crank phones that they had attached to eye bolts on the bottom of the Jon boat so it could be thrown in the water if approached. Snag lines fish traps and noodling. It’s not worth it when you get caught but if things get crazy who knows.

Re: Benefits of Coronavirus - 03/21/20 04:08 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bassman_78

Re: Benefits of Coronavirus - 03/22/20 05:11 AM

Early death?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum